We’re Changing the Rentals Industry
We’re a profitable, growth-stage company building industry-leading martech and data SaaS products for the rentals industry. While originally known for building and operating one of the U.S.’s largest rental marketplaces – Rentable, we recently launched a martech product and a competitive intelligence software – ApartmentIQ, both with high growth rates.
We’re a 100% remote team of 90 spread across the U.S. from coast to coast. We operate on a strict no a**holes policy, and are proud to have built a community of highly performant people that take our work seriously, but not ourselves.
While we’ve raised $30MM+ to date from some of the world’s best investors, we’re profitable with a strong balance sheet and an indefinite runway. We pride ourselves on achieving rapid growth without having to incinerate capital.
If you like the idea of joining an industry-changing company made up of people who genuinely like each other, Rentable could be a great fit for you.
As an Accounts Receivable Specialist at Rentable, you will play a crucial role in managing the financial health of the company. You will be responsible for overseeing the accounts receivable process, ensuring accurate and timely invoicing, and collaborating with internal teams to resolve any billing discrepancies. This position requires a strong understanding of accounting principles, excellent communication skills, and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Contact customers with a past due account to document payment status
- Review account balances after payments are applied and recommend necessary adjustments including misapplied payments, overpayment notification, etc
- Create and provide weekly progress and collection reports to members of the leadership team
- Develop and maintain a professional relationship with Rentable customers
- Review weekly AR aging reports in an effort to identify customers to contact regarding unpaid invoices, overpayments, and/or credits to apply to account invoices.
- Record and document daily outreach calls/emails
- Own and monitor the accounts receivable email inbox and respond to emails and voicemails in a timely manner
- Meet and exceed monthly AR collection goals
- Assist with setting up new customers in Quickbooks, monthly invoicing, and weekly deposits
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field
- Proven experience in accounts receivable or a similar finance role within the Multifamily, Proptech, or B2B software industries
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and billing processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Proficient in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of and/or experience with Quickbooks
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritize workload
- Work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and stay flexible through growth and change
- 100% remote workplace
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Stock Options
- Open Vacation Policy
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 100% paid Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance Program
- 401k Program
- No A**hole policy
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation in the application or recruiting process, please contact your recruiter.