Who we’re looking for
Want to be a part of a team who helps keep the engine running for the entire business? We are looking for someone who values people with every process, has energy and grit to scale a company, and endless hunger to learn. Fieldwire is growing extremely fast and we need someone who is passionate to learn, build, and scale in both the Accounts Payables and Receivables, while also supporting General Ledger Accounting of Fieldwire. We value people first, we want our customers and employees to have a peace of mind in any business operation. To make their lives easier, Operations plays an important part by breaking complex problems and building scalable solutions.
What you’ll be doing
A day in the life of Accounting Specialist will find you creating people based processes and frequently
solving these types of problems:
- Accounts Receivable – Reviewing and creating customer invoices on a daily basis, working with customers and internal departments in resolving discrepancies, document and organize data from multiple sources, building monthly accounting reports, working cross functionally to improve processes, assist ad hoc projects.
- Collections – Creating weekly invoice reports and update management on overdue collections, reconciling receivable ledger for customer payments, contacting customers and keeping aged receivables to a minimum, and assisting in accounting audits.
- Accounts Payable – Process weekly invoices, track and obtain approvals, handle vendor inquiries, providing and reviewing account coding, maintain vendor relationships, track/document vendor information (W-9, payment info, contracts, etc), and documenting weekly expenses in Dropbox.
- General Ledger Accounting – The link between the business and our GL Accountant, providing feedback to aid in reconciliation as well as understanding of the Hilti Fieldwire business to ensure accruals and postings made by the GL team are accurate.
The primary responsibilities for our next Accounting Specialist will be to:
- Execute weekly accounting processes in Payables, Receivables, and Collections.
- Build operation processes to scale with the company worldwide (Payables and Receivables).
- Consulting with various teams around the organization to improve their operation processes.
At Hilti Fieldwire, we’re looking for our next Accounting Specialist to have the following skills and
- Having the energy to take project ownership and responsibility for your work.
- 2+ years of experience in business, project management, consulting, and/or accounting.
- Strong execution and communication skills; can handle multiple projects with various teams.
- Hungry to learn and look for opportunities to contribute towards scaling the business.
And if you have any of the following, we REALLY want you to apply today!
- Experience in accounting and accounting related softwares (intuit, bill.com, & Xero)
- Experience in Start-Ups
Fieldwire is a construction field management software, used on over 1,000,000+ projects worldwide. We’re obsessed with improving the way teams work together. We’re building a Field Management Platform dedicated to construction teams — providing operational excellence for one of the world’s largest global industries — $10 Trillion/year. We’re delivering a superior, easy-to-use product that’s driven by the voice of our customers.
Fieldwire solves the problem of access to information and coordination of labor at a large scale for some of the largest projects in the world. The Fieldwire mobile app has a five-star rating based on thousands of customer reviews. Fieldwire is venture backed by top venture capitalists and has already transformed the way thousands of companies worldwide are working together.
Where is the job located?
This role is based in beautiful San Francisco, CA or Remotely within the United States. Our office is centrally located right off of Montgomery Bart station. Easily accessible by all forms of public transportation.
Fieldwire is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.