SonderMind is a VC-backed digital health company redesigning behavioral health through covered and timely access, increased utilization, and data-validated quality outcomes. We are a team of Explorers, Builders, and Change Makers democratizing the complicated world of behavioral healthcare for therapists and clients alike.
How you'll make an impact
As an Accounting Manager you will assist in bringing all accounting functions in-house. You will be involved with establishing, revising, and enforcing accounting policies and procedures. You will also be heavily involved in the monthly closing process, external audit, and tax process as needed.
What you'll do
- Oversee all daily accounting functions
- Establish and revise accounting policies around fixed assets, credit card usage, and capitalized software
- Manage the month end closing process to ensure the financial statements are represented appropriately
- Work closely with Financial Systems Manager and Product Team to ensure proper accounting controls exist in all systems
- Responsible for proper revenue recognition
- Assist with external audit and tax preparation
- Oversee 1099 process in conjunction with Accounts Payable and Senior Accountant
What you'll bring with you
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Immediate to expert proficiency in Excel
- Experience with robust ERP system
- CPA license
- Netsuite experience
- Healthcare experience
- Early-stage start up experience
What we value
- Transparency: We say what we mean and mean what we say
- Bucketworthiness: We can be relied upon to not let our bucket leak
- Ownership: We take initiative to act before being asked
- Courage: We move fast, take calculated risks and (sometimes) fail
- Empathy: We treat others with respect and assume their best intentions
- Passion: We loosely hold strong opinions, debate and then commit forcefully
This role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and variable bonus plan. Actual compensation is based commensurate with qualifications and experience.
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind.
Our benefits include:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage with plans to meet your needs including HSA and FSA options.
- A flexible PTO policy, 8 company holidays, company shutdown last week of the year
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected – not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.