Grover makes access to tech easy, affordable, and sustainable—with flexible tech rental subscriptions. No deposits, no commitment, just tech when you want it for as long as you need it.
With around $1.3 billion in financing, Grover is one of Germany’s best-funded scale-ups, and we’re growing fast. Since 2015, we’ve gone from a small startup operating out of a Berlin apartment to a team of 500+ people, bringing flexible tech subscriptions to renters across Germany, Austria, the USA, Spain, and The Netherlands.
And we’re just getting started. This year, we’re expanding into even more countries and launching even more innovative ways for people to access the tech they need.
Our Mission & Vision
We’re making it possible for more people to get the best out of life–with flexible, affordable access to the tech they need. That was our bold vision when we started back in 2015, and—with over 1 million renters across 5 countries—we’re right on track.
We’re also proud to champion a more sustainable way to use tech. With over 500,000 devices returned, refurbished, and recirculated so far, we’ve already saved 1,500 tons of e-waste from ending up in a landfill.
Want to join us on our mission to give more people flexible access to the tech they need? We’d love to have you on the team.
We are looking for a mid-level Accountant to join our talented Accounting team in Berlin, or be remotely based elsewhere in Germany or Europe.
As an Accountant you will:
- Be in charge of general ledger and various subledger postings
- Work on the month end closing and yearly financials for various entities
- Address enquiries as well as processing various account reconciliations and analyses
- Manage complex reconciliations in the fixed asset procurement process in alignment with the Business Inteligence Team
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting principles
- Support projects in the area of accounting (e.g. Audit support, ERP migration, process improvements etc)
You care about:
- Ownership: you easily communicate ideas, implement them, and take responsibility for your actions
- Helping others: sharing knowledge with your colleagues is on top of your priorities
- Fast-paced startups: you love adapting to different situations, and you know how and when to iterate fast and with high quality
- Our product: you believe in our vision, and are willing to give your best to build the future of Grover
We are looking for a passionate Accountant with:
- Completed business studies and/or further training as qualified accountant
- At least 2 years of professional experience in the accounting department of an international
- Good HGB and/or IFRS knowledge as well as analytics & reconciliations experience in Accounting context (experienced Excel skills are a must; SQL are a plus)
- Good SAP S4/Hana knowledge, especially on fixed asset module
- High level of initiative, independent working style, reliability and strong communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and adaptability in a dynamic environment
- Very good knowledge of English, both written and spoken; German is a strong plus
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Flexible working hours combined with a semi-remote work structure. Office? Remote? Figure out the balance that works best for you.
- Entrepreneurial responsibilities and upward career growth.
- Engaging, open office located in central Berlin.
- Diverse global team of 65+ nationalities (and counting)! Genuinely the nicest group of colleagues who will soon become friends.
- Team events, Grover tech discounts, and expanding perks.