Vonage Finance Mission
We are a critical player in contributing to both short-term and long-term business decisions. We oversee and provide timely and accurate financial information across the organisation, toc leaders, decision-makers and external stakeholders. We protect company assets, both real and intangible, and ensure financial compliance with international laws. We serve as an indispensable business partner on topics requiring economic, financial and fiduciary inputs and expertise.
Why this role matters
Vonage Finance has gone through a period of rapid transformation having implemented a new ERP, upgraded billing systems along with aligning processes and procedures to our new organisational structure. As our journey continues we are looking for an experienced individual to contribute to revenue accounting for the APPS Platform. Reporting to the APPS Director of Accounting, this role will play a key role in supporting the FP&A team with full P&L and Balance Sheet analytics in liaison with the wider accounting and operations teams. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, talented individual focused on relationship building, order to cash transformation, and efficiently scaling a growing business. This role is based in
our New Jersey office location and is a hybrid schedule.
What you will do
● Contribute to revenue accounting monthly close and collaborating with the operational
finance and commercial teams to deliver accurate numbers
● Business partner with the general accounting management team to ensure integrity of
reported gross margin, and question variances and inconsistencies across the P&L &
Balance Sheet for the business
● Ensure accuracy and completeness of tasks performed by the team and ensure
deadlines are met for team tasks and project work
● Assist with analytical review and reporting packs for various stakeholders, as well as
participate in several cross-functional presentations of the business performance
● Review and assist the APPS order-to-cash processes, to ensure completeness,
accuracy and general robustness of revenue & margin reporting
● Support and review of significant system automation, including key controls
● Liaise alongside the Director of Accounting for key relationships with external
stakeholders, such as our auditors and tax advisors, in partnership with our tax team.
● Prepare balance sheet reconciliations as it pertains to Revenue & Receivables
● Continuously review and challenge Finance processes and activities from a control
perspective, bringing forward improvement recommendations
● Work to develop and implement new, more efficient procedures to enhance
departmental workflow and maintain high levels of accuracy
● Routinely challenge the optimisation of our systems, such as our ERP and billing
systems, to highlight the potential for process automation and improvement
● Partner with our BI team to drive continuous improvement in reporting of business
performance, both in real time as well as for reporting based on closed accounting
What you will bring
● Advanced user of sheets (Excel, Google Sheets), and comfortable with setting out
models and using it for streamlining processes and driving accounting processes
● Experienced user of BI systems, preferably Tableau, or similar systems like Power BI
● Experienced of working with high volume low value transactional business models
● Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external
● Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement, and adapting to new ways of working
● Strong planning and problem-solving skills
● Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
● Investigative with a robust nature, and able to challenge the Company management
● Ability to:
○ Work comfortably in a fast-paced, highly collaborative setting.
○ Manage multiple priorities with accuracy and efficiency, while meeting deadlines.
○ Remain calm and composed during times of stress and uncertainty.
What is required for application
● CPA – Preferred with medium to Big 4 practice experience, or experience within a
similar industry, such as Telecommunications, Financial Services, SaaS or Utilities
● Minimum 3 years’ experience in an Accounting role.
● Experience accounting for activities in international markets
● Public company experience and knowledge of IFRS & US GAAP preferred