This is a seasonal, hourly paid position where you will be expected to work 40 hours per week and is anticipated to last 6 months.
We are musicians, athletes, coaches and teachers who truly believe in our mission to help people achieve their best. Our software platforms connect performers, instructors and creators enabling them to publish, teach and train using the principles of deliberate practice.
You may know us as TrainingPeaks, MakeMusic, TrainHeroic and Alfred Music. All these brands are under the Peaksware umbrella. TrainingPeaks develops software for coaches and athletes to track, analyze and plan endurance training. TrainHeroic develops software solutions for the strength and conditioning needs of coaches and athletes. MakeMusic develops software to transform how music is composed, taught, learned and performed. Alfred Music creates and publishes educational music to help teachers, students, professionals and hobbyists experience the joy of making music.
We would love to have you join our ever-growing team! All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of gender, race, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical disability, religion, or length of time spent unemployed.
As an Account Specialist you will be responsible for working in a high velocity sales environment, interacting with accounts to process orders, increase order size by recommending additional publications for purchase, and all other means to increase lifetime value of customers – B2B and B2C. Success in this position looks like owning and growing the customer’s account through ongoing interaction, awareness of industry challenges (academic and retail) and offering innovative solutions, leading to increased revenues.
You are a continuous learner with a hunger for knowledge. You approach challenges as opportunities to improve. You value team members’ input from all levels and you actively seek ways to support your colleagues.
You will sit directly with the Account Specialists, work in close collaboration with Customer Services and report to the Sr. Director, Sales.
- Respond to inbound communications in a timely fashion, process orders, offer support and solve technical issues, issue credits and stay connected to assigned accounts throughout the academic year.
- Take direction from the Sr. Director, Sales to execute on large scale campaigns and missions as necessary.
- Leverage tech stack to organize and execute daily responsibilities and tasks
- Follow and innovatively iterate upon a pre-established Sales and Account Management process
- Collaborate among direct team members and across the brand to contribute to a Community of Best Practices
- Default to excellent customer service in all circumstances
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years experience in a sales or customer service capacity
- Understanding of G-Suite
- Proficient problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in both written and verbal mediums
- Strong organizational skills
- Be a self-starter, with a proven ability to take ownership of assignments while working closely with others in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- Have a passion for music and/or the music education industry
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Familiarity with Alfred Music’s publications or other widely used music education or composition products.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Don’t worry. We still want to hear from you and encourage you to apply.
The work characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Peaksware/AlfredMusic is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The hourly range for this role in Colorado is $21.97 – $36.63. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus.
Benefits and Perks
- 401(K) Matching
- Pet Insurance
- 9 paid holidays annually and unlimited Flexible Time Off (FTO)
- Free TrainingPeaks, TrainHeroic, MakeMusic accounts, and Alfred Music product
- Access to the Performance and Recovery Center (PARC), our on-site fitness facility
- Employee only access to on-site locker rooms and showers
- Employee only access to secure, indoor bike storage
- Access to our onsite Music Studio
- An assortment of “grab’n go” fruit and snacks as well as on tap cold brew, kombucha, and beer.
- Beautiful onsite cafe that includes indoor and outdoor seating and lounge areas.
- Access to e-bikes available exclusively to Peaksware employees
- Significant investment in resources for employee growth and development
- Corporate discounts on select gym memberships and top brand gear
- Flexible work schedule in a culture of trust
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to review our website or to apply online.
This job operates in a professional office environment that is well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned with adequate ventilation and a noise level that is usually moderate. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
All employees must comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to your manager and/or Human Resources.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and move about the facility; use hands to handle, or feel; talk by expressing ideas by means of the spoken word; and hear by perceiving the nature of sounds. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.