ConsumerAffairs helps consumers make smart buying decisions in moments of need. Every month millions of consumers turn to our site and tools for help with their considered (often emotional) purchases.
We educate them about their options, learn about their specific needs, and connect hundreds of thousands of them directly to brands. These brands use our SaaS tools to manage their reviews and communicate directly with consumers to serve them better. Our business thrives when the consumers who trust us get matched with the right brands for them.
We’re fast-paced and our core values are the bedrock of who we are and who we want to be.
Our employees believe in raising the bar through data-driven innovation, intellectual curiosity, and grit. We have a team-first mentality, and manifest wins by putting the team first. Collaboration and teamwork are in our hearts; we believe winning together is the most fun. But, above all else, we care. We have servant hearts for our consumers, customers, and colleagues. If you want to be part of a globally diverse team focussing on helping people, in an environment where we raise the bar, win as a team, and care above all else—then ConsumerAffairs may be just the place for you!
About The Job
The Account Executive will hunt and nurture new business for the ConsumerAffairs.com’s Reputation business, reporting to the GM, Reputation Management. The Account Executive serves as the central point-of-contact for high priority out-/in-bound sales prospects and converts those prospects into closed sales. The Account Executive must efficiently manage a sales pipeline from “opportunity” through to “negotiation” and “close” stages. Successful AEs will utilize their fundamental sales and nurturing abilities including strong phone skills, follow-up and internal coordination to provide prospects with necessary information in their buying decision. The Account Executive must thrive in a fast-paced environment, while demonstrating great judgment, and the ability to connect with people.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- These responsibilities are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required
- Meet or exceed monthly sales quota by identifying, qualifying and closing new business opportunities
- With a sense of urgency, source new prospects in assigned categories, while also qualifying opportunities sourced by team members
- Effectively manage the full sales cycle including contract generation and other deliverable to close new business
- Coordinate seamlessly with team members including Business Development Reps, other AEs, and the customer success team as well as cross-functionally to drive deals across the finish line.
- Rapidly become knowledgeable on the value proposition of Reputation business for product demos
- Actively participate in team meetings, sharing best practices and collaborating cross-functionally with Client Success and Marketplace teams
- Proficient in managing and willingness to learn standard sales technologies such as Salesforce, Outreach and others
- Provides accurate forecasts based on opportunity pipeline
Minimum Qualifications & Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- A minimum of 3 years enterprise sales or account management experience in a technical and/or SaaS environment
- A minimum of 1 year experience in digital marketing, digital communications or PR
- Demonstrated experience working with brands
- Experience with Google Workspace, Salesforce, sales enablement software, and various data analytics platforms
- General knowledge of SEO and search engines
- Obsessed with ensuring an exceptional customer experience- for both internal and external customers.
- Stands up for decisions, takes responsibility for results, and shares both good and bad outcomes transparently.
- Demonstrates a relentless focus on results with a commitment to deliver;
- Takes decisive action, and confidently changes course if unsuccessful.
- Displays a growth mindset to continually improve; encourages everyone around them to be tenacious and never settle.
- Constantly seeks feedback to improve; Focuses on solving issues through teamwork, and collaboration
- Acts with urgency; delivers top results in hours and days instead of weeks and months.
- Relentless in their pursuit of success and possessing the willpower to embrace challenges as opportunities.
Raise The Bar
- We raise the bar through innovation, intellectual curiosity, and grit. We are not satisfied with yesterday and our hearts thirst to be better tomorrow.
Win As A Team
- We manifest wins by putting the team first. We have collaboration and teamwork in our hearts and believe winning together is the most fun.
Care Above All Else
- We care above all else. We have servant hearts for our consumers, customers, and colleagues.
Physical Requirements & Environmental Conditions
Frequency of travel: Occasional travel may be required for meetings, training and/or conferences.
Light physical activities and efforts required in working within an office environment.
(Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with existing ADA requirements for otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities.)
ConsumerAffairs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Free Food & Snacks
- Stock Option Plan