Cana is a consumer electronics company based in the SF Bay Area. We are a team of scientists, engineers, product managers and designers building products that redefine the future of food and beverage. Our first product will greatly reduce the environmental impact of beverages by changing how the world’s most popular drinks are created, distributed and consumed. We are not building an incremental improvement over existing products, but rather completely reimagining how beverages are made to bring forward a better and more sustainable future.
If you are excited by the idea of working with a passionate team solving big challenges by bringing together the best of hardware, software and chemistry innovation, we want to hear from you!
Cana is committed to creating a workplace where you feel valued and can do your best work. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech and hope you apply, even if the role below does not exactly describe you.
About the role:
Cana is seeking a Web Developer to further the digital brand experience of our product. As a Web Developer for Cana, you take pride in how the user experiences the website and the app from both a functional and visual perspective. You are a problem solver who has the ability to provide results that are innovative, thorough, practical, and consistent with organization objectives. You are also a disruptor, intensely creative, with a passion for non-traditional strategies. If you want to leverage the latest and greatest technologies then this is the role for you. This position will report to the Head of Brand.
- Develop websites and mobile platforms paying equal attention to creativity, optimization, and functionality.
- Collaborate with Engineers, UX Designers, Brand Designers and Product Managers throughout the software lifecycle to successfully deliver high quality digital products.
- Stay abreast of all current development trends for social media, web, and mobile platforms.
- Work cross-functionally with the marketing team to improve user experience and SEO.
- Maintain and improve code integrity, organization, consistency, and performance.
- Understand and implement security and data protection.
- Work within corporate brand guidelines, human interface and accessibility guidelines.
- Provide alternative development options, including tradeoff information to enable the team to make educated decisions regarding optimal implementation of features/projects.
- Learn and keep up to date on new web applications and best practices and make recommendations for improvements to existing practices.
- Establish and evolve technical best practices for delivering Cana’s digital products.
- Establish, maintain, and contribute to documentation.
- Conduct technical walkthroughs with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Understand and iterate on requirements. Implement solutions within complex projects.
- 4+ years of experience in web development.
- Experience migrating a CMS to a new platform and building a site strategy and development plan a plus.
- Experience with one or more CMS system, such as Craft, Webflow and WordPress – Shopify experience a plus.
- Good design sensibilities and experience working alongside designers – skills in Figma a plus.
- Expert knowledge of website performance optimization techniques.
- Expert in building progressively enhanced, mobile-first web apps using modular, unit-testable components.
- A motivated self-starter, able to work with little guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to document and train on best practice development patterns and mentor/demonstrate their benefit to teammates.
- Proficient with Responsive and Adaptive web design techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently.
- Relentless passion for providing world-class service within the organization and to our customers.
- Proven ability to address and solve problems in a creative, innovative, timely and decisive fashion.
Diversity at Cana
- Cana is committed to building an inclusive workplace and diverse teams. We welcome interest from individuals of all backgrounds and levels of experience who share our mission.
- Cana is committed to creating a workplace where you feel valued and can do your best work. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech and hope you apply, even if the role above does not exactly describe you.
This position can be US-based remote, or can be hybrid in our Redwood City, CA or Emeryville, CA offices.
Cana offers highly competitive salaries and benefits, including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and 401(k).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.