About Trove Recommerce
Recognized in 2020 by FastCo as one of the world's most innovative companies, Trove powers resale for the world's most inspired brands and retailers. We provide brands with the technology and logistics to own the secondary market for their products. With our white-label capabilities, our partners reap the rewards of managing their own resale market by accelerating long-term revenue, increasing customer loyalty, gaining new customers and boosting store and site traffic. Resale is a revenue and customer engagement opportunity growing at 5 times the rate of e-commerce and 21 times the rate of traditional retail. We power in-store and online retail for leaders such as Patagonia, REI, Eileen Fisher, Arc’teryx, Lululemon, and Levi’s.
About the VP of Legal
As the VP of Legal, you are ready for the challenge and opportunity that comes with establishing and growing the legal function as the first in-house legal resource in a growing company. Reporting to the CFO, you will tackle a wide variety of legal matters including supporting our sales process in drafting and negotiating complex long-term enterprise sales and partner contracts, assisting with employment labor law, vendor contracts and engaging with executives and our board on matters related to corporate governance. Through your legal guidance and insight, you will play a key role in the growth of recommerce for both Trove and the circular economy at large.
What You’ll Do
- Legal – Responsible for overseeing the legal function in the organization and interfacing with our outside counsel. Will provide legal counsel and support to enable strategic business transactions, collaborations, other complex contracts, and related matters.
- Corp Governance – Prepare for, and report to, senior management and Board on a variety of corporate legal matters, including corporate governance matters and broader risk management updates, analyses, recommendations.
- Contract Risk – Review contracts to prevent potential disputes and financial risks. Analyzing contract clauses, stipulations, obligations, and liabilities. Recommending and drafting contract provisions and amendments.
- Scaling/Efficiency – Scale the legal function as we continue to grow. Foster communication, collaboration and development of best practices and standardized processes to increase efficiencies in the delivery of legal services.
- Internal – Interact with various internal clients and functional groups to effectively address legal and business questions and provide guidance as well as practical solutions as needed.
- M&A – Oversee legal due diligence, advising on transaction structures and business terms, assisting with the preparation of term sheets, deal documents, related government filings and other documentation as appropriate.
- Employment Law – Interpret and provide advice on many different kinds of employment laws, including wage and hour laws, workplace safety, rest break laws, disability leave laws, workplace harassment, employee discrimination, and wrongful discharge.
- Investor Relations – Assist senior management on Stockholder communications, consents, disclosure matters, including earnings results and other announcements.
Experience You Bring
- Law degree (J.D., L.L.B or equivalent) and membership in the Bar (CA Preferred)
- Experience as in-house counsel and/or in a law firm with focus on technology transactions and intellectual property issues
- Well-versed in offering general legal, regulatory, commercial and strategic advice
- Outstanding analytical, legal drafting and negotiation skills regarding a broad variety of agreements
- Agility to navigate a diverse organization and obtain quality input from stakeholders in a productive and timely manner
- Track record of continuous learning
- Results-driven, problem-solver who can drive impact while remaining collaborative and inclusive of others.
Bonus Points If You Have
- Previous experience working in a large technology company is a plus
Why Work Here?
- Flexible Remote Workplace- Trove’s flexible schedule and remote workplace allows employees to take control over their schedule, which is invaluable when it comes to attending to the needs of personal and work life needs.
- Unlimited PTO –Our unlimited vacation company policy allows employees to take as much leave as they need. Employees need time to rest and enjoy themselves outside work. Putting a cap on this important time doesn’t help our effort to achieve high levels of employee satisfaction and productivity.
- 401K- Employees can set aside pre-tax dollars to invest in a qualified retirement investment plan with a company match.
- Medical- Trove covers 100% of employee monthly premium.
- Equity/Share Options – The longer the employee works, the more stocks become available to purchase.
- Learning Fund- Exempt employees have access to a pool of funds to support execution of their self-development goals and objectives.
- Partner Discounts- Enjoy eligibility for Pro Accounts and various partner discounts from Patagonia, Arcteryx and Eileen FIsher
- Mission Driven- Work alongside passionate people to build the leading recommerce infrastructure and the circular economy.
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company but we don’t want to stop there. We strive to be an anti-racist company and we believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our full potential. At Trove we are building a company where we are not only proud of our mission, but how we are pursuing it. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status and we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Trove requires all employees to provide proof of a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of their employment, subject to exemptions for sincerely held religious beliefs, or medical reasons.