About the role
Screencastify is in hyper-growth mode. Over the past year, we’ve put many foundational pieces in place to help us maintain and accelerate that growth. We’re looking for our first VP, Finance to build an exceptional function from the ground up. The VP, of Finance will lead our core finance activities, building rigor and operational excellence in how we approach financial leadership, accounting, reporting, financial operations, and planning.
Why is the role special?
- You’re in control. The future of the finance function at Screencastify is in your hands. You’ll help us lay down the foundation and then build a best-in-class financial operation.
- You’re set up for success. You’ll be joining a bootstrapped, profitable company full of people who are acutely aware of (and excited about!) how much easier you’ll make their jobs. So you’ll have all the support you’ll need.
- You’ll be boarding a rocketship. Screencastify has experienced exponential growth over the past few years. If done well, you’ll play a critical role in setting our sights away from the moon and towards Mars.
What you’ll do:
- Financial Leadership, Management, Strategy and Planning
- Serve as the primary financial strategist and strategic partner to the senior leadership team.
- Define and deliver on all finance objectives and targets set for business, with excellence and effectiveness.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance including long-term operational goals, work with the go-to-market team to set new sales & retention targets and oversee all budgeting and forecasting activities
- Lead all cost benefit analysis of potential new market strategies
- Manage and lead within the business with a sense of urgency, focus and reliability.
- Provide day-to-day management and leadership to finance team.
- Lead, recruit, interview and hire finance staff as needed.
Areas of Responsibility
- Partner with Controller to oversee accounting functions, ensure the company has accurate financial metrics (e.g. revenue, expenses, cash flow/burn); Advance visibility and alignment on business objectives and KPIs.
- Manage the budgeting and planning processes; create and establish annual financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and market penetration, while driving performance management and enabling team members to excel.
- Demonstrate proficiency for evaluating the ROI, cost variable, and other dimensions of the financial opportunities or risks in proposed new projects.
- Provide ongoing insight and recommendations to both short and long term growth plans; work with distributed team and be able to clearly communicate financial insights to key stakeholders.
- Partner with CEO and CRO to manage relationship with our Board of Directors, including preparing quarterly updates.
- Manage the cash in the business intelligently; mitigate risks (e.g. illiquidity, currency) to the extent possible.
- Ensure the company is compliant with various tax authorities; optimize tax obligations within the bounds of compliance.
You’re perfect for this role if you:
- You have a Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. BS degree is required.
- You have 2 years minimum experience as a VP of Finance or equivalent in a mid-sized private sector start-up, and 10+ years of accounting or finance experience.
- You have experience working within a SaaS environment (required).
- You have a deep understanding and knowledge of all things GAAP, IFRS, and SOX compliance.
- You have demonstrated leadership, confidence and executive presence and an ability to motivate staff.
- You have excellent analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- You have significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues.
- You have experience and success leading and managing in an internal business context.
- You are a self-starter who is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced, start-up environment.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to lead and align a cross-functioning team towards a common goal.
Competitive compensation. We take a data-driven approach to our compensation strategy so all employees are paid competitively and equitably.
401k plan + match. We want to invest in present you and future you, which is why we offer a generous 401k match with our 401k plan.
Minimum vacation policy. We recognize the importance of taking personal time off, and require our employees to take at least 15 vacation days per year. You’re also encouraged to take additional paid time off, as needed.
Flexible work policy. Gone are the days of being in an office from 9-5, Monday through Friday. We recognize there are better ways to measure productivity than counting the number of hours you’re in the office and that sometimes the office isn’t the best place to be productive.
Parental leave. Generous paid time off for parents to bond with the newest addition to their family!
Medical, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of employee medical premiums and 50% of employee dental & vision premiums. Plus, all employees receive a free One Medical membership.
Professional development. Each department has a professional development budget and employees are encouraged to take workshops, attend webinars, join associations, and anything else that could help grow their careers. Did we also mention employees get free access to Udemy for Business?
Divvy bike membership. If you’re in Chicago, take advantage of an annual Divvy membership — on us.