About AngelList Venture:
At AngelList Venture, our mission is to increase the rate of innovation in the world by building the tools that create more funders & founders of startups. We want to give more people the opportunity to participate in the venture economy and more startups the resources they need to change the world.
AngelList is the nexus of venture capital and the startup community. We support over $10B in assets under management. We’ve driven capital to over 12,000 startups, almost 200 of which are unicorns. 57% of top-tier U.S. VC deals involve investors on AngelList.
We’ve grown exponentially in the last year and recently raised $100M at a $4.1B valuation to continue building software that founders and investors love.
While our scale is large, our ambitions are even larger – we’re innovating on the financial infrastructure for venture investors and the startups they invest in. Come build with us.
About the Role:
Designers who work at AngelList are passionate about helping startups succeed. This is a rare opportunity to join the company at the nerve center of the startups ecosystem. By working at AngelList, you will gain an unparalleled education in both venture financing and founding a startup; we strive for every employee to be a customer through our [Funders and Founders](https://join.angellist.com/) program.
The AngelList Venture Design team works at the intersection of product, legal, and brand to shape and choreograph an exceptional customer experience for both Founders and Investors. We have a unique product design culture where designers and engineers define and ship products together without barriers. Teams are as small as possible and built on mutual respect, high trust, and low management. At AngelList, designers and engineers take direct ownership of product experiences. It’s a self-starting environment and for those whom it’s a fit, it’s a very rewarding environment.
As a Product Designer you will report to the Director of Product Design and collaborate with a team of multifaceted designers and engineers to build features that drive our fund management and investment products. You will join a team of deeply experienced designers whose goal is to look at the broader experience across our entire product line and make the complexities of startup investing simple.
AngelList Venture is also at a pivotal point in ramping up our designing team and rapidly scaling to meet our aspirations of re-imaging our product experiences. Our team design team has grown this year by 5x and is still going. We are also in the process of establishing and building and implementing a new design system from the ground up. It is an exciting time to join our fast growing and maturing design team.
- Work within cross-functional teams to iterate on existing products and invent new ones, crafting rational, elegant, and delightful solutions to complex problems
- You will help scope, drive, and measure the success of your projects with your cross-functional partners
- Have a voice in charting the future of our fast growing design team
- Leverage our new best-in-class design system and help to expand it, in partnership with your peers, and design leadership
- Inspire the team by bringing new ideas to the table
- Collaborate with and learn from a team of highly experienced designers
- Learn the venture financing business inside-out, from the ground up
- 2+ years of design experience within product design or design systems
- A strong point of view on design direction with an openness to new ideas
- Experience with prototyping as a means to communicate design solutions (UI development experience a plus)
- Polished design execution skills (visual hierarchy, typography, layout, etc.) and is able to effectively use established design systems, requiring minimal pixel level feedback
- Understanding of how to leverage customer-centric creativity to meet business goals
- Proven track record of releasing impactful and features that customers love
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional partners to build and implement against project timelines
- An intense desire to solve problems
- A growth mindset and comfort in regularly delivering and receiving peer feedback
- An optimistic and idealistic worldview with a pragmatic work ethic
- A bias towards transparency and communication
- A generous dose of humility
- Extreme empathy for the customer, your teammates, and the company mission
- A deep love of startups (https://venturehacks.com/save-the-world)