About the Role:
We’re seeking an experienced community manager to shape and drive our community marketing strategy. You will manage our social media presence and event strategy, as well as contribute to our brand voice and go-to-market campaigns. You will work closely with our Content Marketing Lead and Brand Design team, as well as collaborate with leaders across the company who interface with our customers.
Our community consists of investors, fund managers, and founders. You will help shape how we think about these 3 constituents with regard to marketing. You will also own our annual conference, [AngelList Confidential] (https://www.angellist.com/blog/angellist-confidential-2021-highlights), and contribute to evolving our marketing strategy.
The ideal candidate has a founder mindset, is highly creative, and has experience in the venture or startup space. You will be working with fund managers, founders, and investors and will be expected to understand the broader startup and venture ecosystem.
- Engage regularly with customers and potential customers across mediums to drive excitement about our mission and vision
- Drive the strategy and execution of our annual conference, AngelList Confidential
- Manage AngelList Venture’s social media strategy and presence, while organically growing our social following across all channels
- Partner with our Content Marketing Lead to create compelling content across channels, including social media, blog, email campaigns, our Education Center (https://learn.angellist.com/), and new ideas that you invent
- Stay on top of emerging trends in our industry and monitor digital presence of influential firms, companies, and individuals in our ecosystem
- Ideate, brainstorm, and execute on large-scale community-focused campaigns and events
- Proven multi-year community management experience for a large, tech-focused community
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Functional knowledge of key social media channels, a proven ability to use social platforms to amplify a brand, and a strong understanding of social media trends and analysis
- The ability to embrace ambiguity and experimentation in order to find the best channels to amplify the AngelList Venture brand
- Experience in launching community initiatives (e.g., building an online forum, leading an ambassador program, creating an event series, and writing an email newsletter).
- An understanding of current trends, and an obsession with the latest cultural happenings across channels
- Strong ownership mindset and emotional intelligence
- A bias to action, and an orientation toward highly-creative solutions
- Ability to work autonomously and make decisions in a fast-changing environment