Unqork is a new way to build enterprise software: it's a purely visual, drag-and-drop no-code platform designed to support the scale, complexity and security that enterprise applications require. Our customers are leaders in insurance, financial services, healthcare and the public sector, and they use Unqork to build custom software faster, with higher quality and at lower costs than code-based approaches. Founded in 2017, Unqork reached unicorn status in 2020, with a valuation of $2B. Unqork has been named one of the Best Startup Employers by Forbes, Best Places to Work by Built In and one of LinkedIn's Top Startups.
The Unqork Product Experience (PX) team is a collective of designers, researchers, and product and design operations specialists united on a mission to expand who can participate in the software development process. We strive to champion the Unqork user, working side-by-side with cross-functional partners to ensure our platform experience is intuitive, powerful, and delightful. We're united by curiosity, thoughtfulness, and a desire to learn from each other's diverse backgrounds
You can find more information about the Product Experience team here!
- You will report to the Director of User Research
- Design and conduct research to help guide decisions about how to expand and improve our Enterprise platform. We are in uncharted territory and using fresh and innovative research methods to influence company priorities.
- Connect research findings from multiple projects/sources and provide insights to help us define and solve problems, deepening the understanding of our user base.
- Help us build a solid research foundation by growing and maintaining our user research insights library.
- Distill complex problems into insights that inform design, development, and business decisions.
- Work closely with our analytics team to seek out diverse data points (heuristics, sentiment surveys, usage data) and triangulate them, synthesizing insights to build narratives and frame complex problems.
- You've participated in complex research projects at scale—from discovery to evaluative to iterative testing using a variety of UX research methods
- You love thinking about different mental models, writing research plans, finding themes in qualitative data, and sharing insights that drive the company forward
- You've worked cross-organizationally at a fast-growing company and understand how research needs evolve to stay ahead of the curve
- You know the ins and outs of user experience research techniques including the strengths and weaknesses of each
- You're comfortable communicating throughout the organization: high-level executives, entry-level associates, engineers, IT teams, and designers
- You have the ability to work creatively on ambiguous problems
- You love working collaboratively and bring out the best in your team. You solicit feedback on your own work and contribute to others' work
- You're passionate about people. You are a tireless advocate for the end-user. You are deeply compassionate for their everyday struggles and challenges. You always put their needs first, and you're unwavering in your desire to provide the best experiences for users
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in UX and research
- Work from home with an energetic remote-first community
- Unlimited PTO (and the encouragement to use it)
- Student loan payback program
- 100% employer-covered medical, dental, and vision options available to you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Monthly stipend toward your WFH setup, vacation, development and more
- Employer-sponsored 401(k) with contribution match
- Free Peloton membership through UHC
- Paid Parental Leave
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.