Website Sana Benefits
Our health system is broken, and it’s a huge problem. Costs are rising out of control while the patient experience gets worse. At Sana, we’re passionate about fixing this problem by bringing accessible and affordable health plans to small and medium businesses. We’ve built an innovative team with top talent from across the health insurance and tech industries to create engaging, modern plans for our clients. This allows our customers to offer competitive benefits packages while paying an average of 20% less than traditional plans.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, process-driven, and empathetic person to join our underwriting team, reporting to the Head of Insurance (MGU) Operations. You will use internal tools, software and underwriting models, combined with your research and analysis to ensure accurate and timely delivery of quotes to support customer growth and retention. This will require management of workflows / queues and communications with a variety of teams such as Sales, Customer Success, Product, and Business Operations.
What you will do
- Manage one or more workflows / queues related to final quotes, claims experience rating, facultative approvals, and renewal quoting.
- Ensure the timely and accurate delivery of quotes for new business and renewals by performing your own research and analysis and consulting with our underwriting team, technology partners, and reinsurers as necessary
- Conduct data-driven analysis using limited information blended with human judgment where necessary. Document assumptions for shared team development and improvement as well as continued buildout of Sana’s proprietary data set.
- Work closely with our Sales, Sales Operations and Customer Success teams to ensure best practices are followed, support training material development, and to identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Partner with our product team to develop new features to support scalable operations.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience, preferably in a healthcare, insurance, and/or start-up environment. Knowledge of the health insurance industry preferred, but not required.
- Comfortable managing a high volume of activity with unparalleled attention to detail.
- Exposure to modern web applications (such as Salesforce, Asana, Notion, Guru, etc.) and basic analytics experience (e.g. Excel)
- Excellent communicator. You love building relationships with others, delivering a “wow” service experience to internal customers, and aren’t afraid of saying no when necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Values-oriented. You care about making our healthcare system work better for people and business owners.
- Gritty. You aren’t worried about getting your hands dirty and working hard when you need to.
- Comfortable with change. We are a startup and need people who are ok doing things outside of their traditional job description
- Strong team player with a track record of working cross-functionally.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Flexible vacation
- Medical dental and vision Insurance
- Parental leave
- Wellness program
- Opportunity for career growth
- Dynamic start-up environment.