Juul Labs’ mission is to impact the lives of the world’s one billion adult smokers by eliminating combustible cigarettes. We have the opportunity to address one of the world’s most intractable challenges through a commitment to exceptional quality, research, design, and innovation. Backed by leading technology investors, we are committed to the same excellence when it comes to hiring great talent.
We are a diverse team that is united by this common purpose and we are hiring the world’s best engineers, scientists, designers, product managers, operations experts, and customer service and business professionals. If the opportunity to build your career at one of the fastest growing companies is compelling, read on for more details.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Territory Sales Manager is responsible for managing and growing an assigned territory within the Chicago, IL Territory by increasing product volume, adding new points of distribution, establishing relationships with our Retail Partners and their staff, distribution partners and their sales reps, and others to provide them with valuable insights about the industry / category, our leading innovative products, consumer profiles/trends to consistently exceed their expectations in our knowledge and attentiveness to their overall business needs and the growth of their overall business in the category. Proficiency with sales technologies, including but not limited to CRM software, communication technologies and software, etc. is necessary for success in this role. We are looking for individuals who thrive in an energetic, creative, innovative and data driven environment. Candidates should have the talent to execute successfully on these challenging business objectives. If you have those qualities and want to succeed in a fast moving and exciting environment, we want to give you an opportunity to maximize your potential and begin an exciting career with Juul in the territory.
We’re looking for employees who are motivated to take on responsibility, accountability and want an opportunity to really make a difference. Our sales professionals do this by educating retailers, distribution partners and connecting with our adult tobacco consumers in a “1 on 1” manner with the purpose of gaining trial and transitioning adult smokers from combustion cigarettes to JUUL as well as drive retailer and influencer engagement and advocacy.
- Execute sales strategies with the goal of growing device kit and refill kit volume, increasing points of distribution, and new doors selling.
- In-store execution of product positioning, shelf space, pricing, and merchandising.
- Develop customer relationships through category, product and financial awareness and education in order to drive adult consumer conversion and attachment.
- Plan, organize, and execute sales strategies and territory plans.
- Develop SWOT and territory analysis and execute sales strategies against analysis with data driven decision making.
- Manage top performing doors within a designated geographic patch to call on established accounts and prospect new traditional and nontraditional retailers
- Execute merchandising for chain convenience stores
- Sell and execute commercial priorities with independent convenience stores, specialty retailers (Vape, Smoke, Tobacconists), etc.
- Work collaboratively within your sales district and region to drive the business objectives forward.
- Proficient and or adept at using today’s sales technologies and software, especially CRM – SalesForce, to identify, analyze and act upon leads, opportunities, sales funnels, customer data.
- Selling and executing local, regional and national Trade Marketing and branding initiatives into existing and prospective accounts.
- Achieving OKR’s (KPI’s) set for the company, regional team and individual performance.
- Building deep “Trusted Advisor” relationships with store managers / owners and distribution partner’s sales teams by providing expertise and knowledge of the industry, retail strategies and sales tactics.
- Engaging in product training, demos, consumer awareness, branding and acquisition initiatives.
- Enthusiastically promoting the marketing message and product mix through direct discussions with retailers using data and analytical proficiency, as well as using influencing skills to promote a beneficial business plan for JUUL and our retail partners.
- Consistently representing yourself and applying Juul Labs company values in all business interactions It is expected that Territory Sales Managers will become not only a passionate product and industry / category experts, as well as a valuable business consultant / advisor whose analysis, judgment and knowledge of the consumer and industry dynamics makes for a valuable partner to all of our customers; retail partners, distribution partners, etc.
- Drive growth of the business by opening new retail points of distribution (doors).
- Possibly attend trade shows and events to market product.
- Possibly attend retailer and distributor product and sales training events.
- Drive retailer engagement and improve retailer satisfaction and advocacy.
- Create buzz and increase consumer demand for product.
- Communicate plans to leadership. Be able to develop compelling presentation decks to gain approval for ideas as well as communicate results.
- Assess both successes and failures with actionable plans for continuous improvement.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 1-3 years field sales experience.
- Experience in CPG, Spirits, Tobacco and/or consumer electronics a plus
Key Attributes Necessary for Success
- Good understanding of a test and learn approach
- Willingness to operate out of your comfort zone in a new industry
- Great communicator using technology (PowerPoint, excel, teleconferences, etc.)
- Able to make data driven decisions
- Capability to discern important factors from noise in a busy role
- Proficiency, and aptitude of basic computer skills, and CRM software (SalesForce).
- Proficiency with and willingness to learn new sales technology and data analytics.
- Positive attitude and emotional IQ in a hyper-growth, fast paced, continually evolving environment.
- The ability to take initiative and be creative, while simultaneously taking direction.
- Willingness to learn and grow personally and professionally.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
JUUL LABS PERKS & BENEFITS:
- A place to grow your career. We’ll help you set big goals – and exceed them
- People. Work with talented, committed and supportive teammates
- Equity and performance bonuses. Every employee is a stakeholder in our success
- Boundless snacks and drinks
- Cell phone subsidy, commuter benefits and discounts on JUUL products
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits