Hi there! We’re PAR and our purpose is:
To deliver solutions that connect people to the restaurants, meals and moments they love.
We take that responsibility very seriously. As a leading provider of technology to the top restaurant brands in the world we’re calling all rebels, instigators, idealists and builders to join our constantly growing team!
PAR invented the first standalone point of sale terminal over 40 years ago, yet we operate much like a start-up at the forefront of restaurant technology. Today, our solutions span Customer loyalty, engagement, restaurant management, payment services, drive-thru, and full POS integrations. These solutions are used to serve tens of millions of guests every day in over 120 countries.
Our mission is to build the number one restaurant technology company in the world and we’re off to great start.
We believe that our ambition is only limited by our ability to attract and retain great people; people who are up for the challenge to change the game with us! If it sounds like you belong here, we should meet!
As a Technical Program Manager, Software at PAR, you make it possible for PAR to provide world class products and services. You will work in a fast-paced environment to bring programs to life. Your ability to think strategically while driving tactical execution of large, cross-functional programs with a heavy focus on the release program (from program development, delivery, and ongoing program support) will be critical to the success of this role. The successful candidate is a results-oriented self-starter with an established, documented competence in program management and/or release management.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of program/project management or release management experience in a software development environment
- Proven program/project management experience involving many cross functional teams
- Superior organizational skills with high regard for quality
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills – able to work well with many different types of personalities in various function. Masterful in the art of bringing people together
- Excellent communication skills – Ability to communicate, document, and present complex technical issues in concise and efficient manner for variety of audiences
- Experienced and confident in creating slides and presenting to executives
- Must possess effective listening skills and comfortable asking powerful questions
- Passion for working with people in technical environments
- Strong leadership skills to influence and motivate without authority. True servant leader
- Strong facilitation skills to lead/drive variety of program events
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Ability to work independently and a strong sense of ownership
- Flexible and able to learn quickly in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Why We Need You
- Translate complex dependencies into adaptive resourcing and prioritization when plans change
- Translate business needs into implementation plans, including project prioritization, scheduling and resource planning
- Develop and validate value drivers and business cases for major programs and track delivery to outcomes as they are executed
- Develop and manage the overall prioritization, milestones, deliverables, and success criteria for software releases
- Identify and manage external dependencies and logistics; identify and mitigate risks throughout the schedule
- Host and facilitate executive-level meetings as well as large cross-functional program meetings
- Simplify complex issues into a crisp, actionable executive-level status updates and mitigation plans
- Build strong working relationships with stakeholders across the project team
- Exercise key skills such as conflict resolution, cross-team collaboration, as well as asking and answering questions with precision
PAR is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We also provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.