To solve climate change, wealth inequality, supply chain stability, and national security we must change how our global supply chains work. Altana is a Trusted Commerce Platform built on a shared source of truth for the global supply chain. The purpose of Altana is to enable resilient, sustainable, secure, and inclusive global commerce: Globalization 2.0.
We have built a layer of shared intelligence across the world’s supply chain information: a living map of trillions of dollars of B2B commercial activity, covering 400M companies connected by billions of shipments. This knowledge graph powers Altana’s Trusted Commerce Platform – the Altana Atlas – which, after only three years since founding, is already used by many of the world’s most important governments, enterprises, and logistics providers.
Our product suite enables our customers to gain unprecedented visibility, benefit from shared artificial intelligence across a federated network of data, and interact across the network through a shared source of truth. We help our customers to build and manage trusted global supply chains.
The Engineering team is responsible for building out the platforms, APIs, services, workflows, and logical architectures for bringing this vision to life. We are creating a platform fundamentally driven by AI, which scales to a massive trove of data, and a diverse customer base; it is a complex system that will stretch engineering in many directions. As a Technical Program Manager, you will help us build the world’s premier supply chain knowledge graph by leveraging your organizational, communication, problem-solving, technical knowledge, and all-around organizational-troubleshooting experience. We seek demanding individuals that help the team deliver beyond the sum of its parts.
This position can be worked remotely, but you should be comfortable overlapping with Eastern time. You should also be comfortable supporting remote team members. Occasional travel to Washington D.C. or New York is optional.
- Work hand-in-hand with technology leadership to plan and coordinate technology roadmaps and releases
- Advocate for the customer and ensure they receive high-quality deliverables
- Track progress towards OKRs
- Coordinate the activities of multiple cross-functional teams towards a common goal
- Empower and super-charge the Tech Leads you are supporting
- You are technically adept and have supported both cloud and on-premise deployments
- You have experience supporting multiple project management frameworks
- You are equally adept at managing up, to the side, and the needs of the customer
- You have an “ownership” mindset
- You have experience balancing the requirements of enterprises or government organizations with the bias for action required by a nimble start-up
- 5 or more years of experience as a Project Manager or Program Manager
- Experience delivering value to customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing concurrent teams, work-streams or projects
Nice to have, but not required
- You can use Python, SQL, or similar tools to analyze data
- You have a working knowledge of cloud services like AWS, Azure, GCP
- You hold a PMP, CSM, PSM, CSPO or similar certification
- You have experience supporting both products and services
- You are comfortable managing both agile and waterfall projects
- You have experience using tools such as Confluence and Jira
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 2 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.