Wonolo (Work Now Locally) is disrupting the $140BN temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo’s mission is to help people find consistent work. Through our two-sided tech marketplace, we connect hundreds of businesses in need of front-line workers with over 1 million underemployed workers in local markets across the United States, within minutes. Wonolo empowers the in-demand workforce by democratizing access to flexible work, opportunities to learn new skills, a living wage, and comprehensive portable benefits and perks.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to join our Data Engineering team. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with our engineering and analytics leaders to clearly define and implement improvements to the ELT data pipeline so that we can build out a data infrastructure based on modern architecture. Your work will support the needs of both our engineering and analytics teams, in addition to customers with direct data share integrations so that all of your end-users have access to stable and reliable data. This is a great opportunity to work on large-scale initiatives with new foundations, and you will be a big driver behind this. You will have a pivotal role in our ability to scale by determining which aspects of the ELT data pipeline to invest in next.
Our current data stack consists of Snowflake, Stitch, Airflow, Segment, Looker, dbt, and Amplitude. If you are a data-driven Product Leader who has a “get things done” mentality, is customer-obsessed, and looking for impact at scale at a mission-driven startup, we would love to hear from you!
We are remote-first and welcome qualified candidates located anywhere in the United States and Canada #LI-Remote.
What you’ll do:
- Own strategy and roadmap for our Data Engineering capabilities
- Work closely with Engineering leads to determine necessary investments in the ELT data pipeline
- Partner with Analytics leads and internal Engineers to assess the strategic value
- Drive revenue and customer retention by designing our data sharing offerings to customers, and building a roadmap and product line that flexibly accommodates multiple integration options
- Design complex data flows, business rules, user flows, and use-cases based on customer needs
- Drive product priorities by understanding our internal development needs through research and discussions with product analytics and engineering teams
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience in a technical product management role
- Strong domain expertise in data table architecture and ELT pipelines
- Strong technical background with the ability to engage in system design with engineering and analytics teams
- Data proficiency: measuring and versioning, validation of product requests and specific pain points (how to use data to validate problems that exist)
- Basic SQL experience
- Understanding of APIs or SDKs
- Understanding of table structures
- Understand technical documentation
- Understand the data ecosystem, modern data stack, and agile analytics
- Engineering background
- Experience with / implementing API or SDKs
- Experience with dbt and/ or Snowflake
- Advanced SQL
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive salary, meaningful equity, and company bonus
- We cover 100% insurance (medical/dental/vision) premiums for you, 80% for your dependents
- We encourage a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible schedules, an open vacation policy, and the ability to work from anywhere in the United States and Canada (no more commutes!)
- Generous parental leave plan
- Cell phone reimbursement and company laptop
- Life and disability insurance
- Team outings, virtual happy hours, company off-sites, and more!