What you’ll do
In a few words…
You have a natural ability to lead. You instinctively know what is required and somehow manage to get people to do exactly that. Perhaps you’ve found the Mind Stone, we’re not sure, but as long as you use it for the good of Abarca, we’re good. In the role of Team Leader, Government Programs Operations, you will be responsible for the team that executes varied Medicare Part D processes. You must ensure consistency with company strategy, plans, commitments, and goals, while also coaching and being a mentor to a team of direct reports.
The fundamentals for the job…
- Lead the team responsible for the day-to-day operational tasks related to Medicare Part D processes, including PDE and Medicare Plan Finder.
- Effectively manage day to day tasks processes assuring adherence to client and CMS requirements.
- Direct and manage activities and resources to support client and internal requests, adjust plan as needed.
- Provide timely second-tier triage support to the Medicare Part D Analysts and act as a SME for other areas to verify and analyze operational situations and/or issues referred for validation. (“Timely” is a favorite term for around here, since anything else is the same as “late”.)
- Support urgent processing issues including doing research, analysis, identification of root cause, impact analysis determination and corrective action.
- Define operational and project tasks and resource requirements.
- Assist team during the development and testing of operational and project deliverables.
- Monitor operation, project deliverables and schedule timelines.
- Establish effective communication between all stakeholders.
- Identify and resolve escalating issues and conflicts within the operation, project execution, or implementation. (Troubleshooting is in your DNA.)
- Develop best practices and tools for operation, project execution, and management.
- Serve as coach and mentor to direct reports, providing opportunity for growth and development. (When the student surpasses the teacher, you have achieved greatness.)
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
What you’re made of
The bold requirements…
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Healthcare, Business, or related field. (In lieu of a degree, equivalent, relevant work experience may be considered.)
- 2+ years pf experience in health plan or PBM
- 2+ years of experience managing a team toward daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Natural-born leader with a proven track record of leadership experience.
- Highly organized thinker, speaker and planner with the ability to coach others in these areas.
- Able to utilize programming and dashboard tools, e.g. Tableau, QlikView, Excel tools, SQL.
- Computer proficiency. Your Microsoft Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and PowerBI) are Jedi level. The PC force is strong in you.
- Ability to oversee and motivate a team; excellent communication skills, and a customer service focus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively (read, write, speak, daydream, argue, flatter, retort wittily, etc.) in English, Spanish a plus.
That something extra we´d love to see…
- Analytical: Perhaps we should include the word “over” in this description, because you basically over-analyze ever minute detail of absolutely everything to the point of exhaustion. You probably tried every option on that Black Mirror interactive movie on Netflix, then went back and did everything again, just to make sure you didn’t miss anything, and you loved every minute of it. In fact, you’d go for thirds.
- Motivator: You have an endless supply of positive energy that you can tap into at will when everyone else is ready to quit. And what’s best is that it’s contagious. You’re the burst of energy in the last minute of the run.
- Attention to Detail: You notice everything, every little thing; so much so that your attention to detail is keener than Spiderman’s Peter Tingle.
- Problem Solver: Your superpower is finding the root of a problem and growing beanstalks out of them. (Sort of.)
- Leader/Mentor: You like it when people succeed and even more when it’s someone from your team. You advise, counsel, guide, teach, preach, and overreach, sprinkling your pixie dust so everyone can shine.
The above description is not intended to limit the scope of the job or to exclude other duties not mentioned. It is absolutely not a final set of specifications for the position. It’s simply meant to give readers an idea of what the role entails.
Abarca Health LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.