NEAR Protocol is a developer-first blockchain that emphasizes convenience and speed of development on the NEAR platform while minimizing the entrance barrier for developers coming from the blockchain ecosystem, as well as regular web and mobile development space.
We are looking for a talented, meticulous, and productive person who loves working in an energetic and free-thinking environment, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. NEAR is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
About The Role:
NEAR Protocol is looking for a software engineer to join our growing Core Tools team. The Core Tools team is developing libraries and frameworks that are used to build the most secure and demanding applications on NEAR blockchain. Almost the entire NEAR ecosystem represents the users of these tools, which implies huge responsibility and impact with being on this team. In this role, you will create, maintain and expand mobile client SDKs and frameworks and participate in research at the forefront of digital asset user and developer experience.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Designing, building, and maintaining our Mobile Client SDKs (Swift, Kotlin)
- Defining development priority and effort for Mobile Client SDKs (React, Flutter)
- Collaborating with internal and external engineers and community members
- Create and contribute to documentation related to mobile developer client SDKs
- Help build a team of mobile client SDK developers
- Help train and mentor more junior engineers
What We're Looking For:
- Knowledge of Kotlin and Swift
- 5+ years experience building production mobile applications and SDKs
- Demonstrated experience writing well-structured, clean, maintainable code
- Ability to learn new languages, APIs and SDKs quickly
- Experience and interest in building and documenting developer-facing tools
- Strong communication and remote friendly working skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field is a must
We'd Love If You Have:
- Open source contributions and previous or continued involvement in open source communities
- Familiarity with Ethereum development and related technologies (web3.js, ethers.js, etc)
- Familiarity with other crypto or blockchain technologies
- Experience working at a startup
Location: Anywhere in the world
Working at NEAR: Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.