Impossible Foods was founded to transform the global food system and reduce the impact of climate change by making the world’s most delicious, nutritious, and sustainable meat, fish, and dairy — from plants.
Through the revolutionary work of our world-class R&D team, we’re inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish, and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the negative environmental or public health impact.
Our flagship product, Impossible™ Burger, uses 96% less land, 87% less water and generates 89% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional beef from cows. And the burger is just the beginning. We’re working on recreating every animal product, from chicken to fish, with plant-based ingredients that are vastly better for people and the planet.
Impossible Foods has experienced spectacular growth over the last few years, and we continue to lead all aspects of the plant-based revolution – from discovery and innovation to commercial production and consumer education. We’re building an amazing team of brilliant, collaborative, mission-driven individuals who take pride in using their diverse skills to contribute to a better world. Our core values include leading with heart, thinking like scientists, and doing the right thing, and our employees embody these attributes in their work every day.
Want to join the movement? You can help us solve the most urgent, important challenge facing the world today (and have fun doing it). Check out our job opening below:
The Tax Operations Manager will work with the Tax Accounting Leader, as well as finance and business personnel, in a hands-on role supporting all aspects of US and foreign taxes for all segments of the Company’s business. This includes supporting the Company’s tax efficient global expansion and structuring, tax compliance, tax provision, documentation, research, planning, and assisting with tax audit management for the Tax Department. The incumbent must be diligent, have strong technical, analytical, and interpersonal skills, along with proven experience effectively collaborating in a matrixed, high-growth environment across multiple areas of tax.
- Partner with accounting and finance teams to ensure accurate information is acquired and handle the preparation, review and filing of the Company’s tax reporting obligations including the tax provision and US income and indirect tax returns
- Develop and implement efficient practices and procedures to effectively lead the Company’s US tax compliance obligations
- Provide tax support to cross-functional teams across the business including finance, legal, treasury, HR, R&D international ops, sales and supply chain
- Actively monitor and stay abreast of tax legislative developments to enable analysis of potential impacts to the Company and support the evaluation, modeling and implementation of mitigation strategies or action plans
- Conduct ad hoc research, analysis and drafting of internal documentation to support the Company’s tax filing positions in the US and internationally, as well as related tax modeling support
- Support tax audits conducted by the IRS and local governments. This includes analysis and preparation of the Company’s responses to information data requests and notices of proposed adjustment and assessment
- Identify, analyze and implement short and long-term tax savings, planning and structuring strategies by collaborating with external resources and internal business partners
- Assist with the analysis and completion of various special projects related to Impossible ’s US and international expansion
- A Bachelor’s degree and a JD/CPA, Masters in Tax, or LLM in Tax
- A minimum of 5-7 years of dynamically responsible tax experience in roles focused on US tax compliance and tax provision
- Work experience at US-based multinationals and/or Big 4 with increasing levels of responsibility
- Strong technical knowledge of, and experience with, US tax concepts including the TCJA tax provisions, ASC 740 concepts, and tax audit procedures
- Experience and comfort with research, analysis and reporting using accounting and tax software, databases, and Google Chrome applications
- Strong Excel skills is a requirement for this position.
- Experience with SAP S4 Hana and equivalent ERP systems highly preferred
- Ability to lead and prioritize multiple challenging priorities and tasks within tight timelines, and the ability to get things done in a fast-paced environment
- A focused, self-motivated, and upbeat attitude with a strong work ethic, and attention to detail to ensure the assigned tax matters for the Company are managed effectively and efficiently
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and comfort collaborating on cross-functional teams in a matrixed high-growth environment is highly preferred