About the Company
At Torc, we have always believed that autonomous vehicle technology will transform how we travel, move freight, and do business.
A leader in autonomous driving since 2007, Torc has spent over a decade commercializing our solutions with experienced partners. Now a part of the Daimler family, we are focused solely on developing software for automated trucks to transform how the world moves freight.
Join us and catapult your career with the company that helped pioneer autonomous technology, and the first AV software company with the vision to partner directly with a truck manufacturer.
What you’ll do:
As our Tax Manager, you will be responsible for leading the implementation of tax processes and reporting for Torc Robotics, Inc. Responsible for federal, state and local income taxes, sales & use taxes, employment tax returns, tax accounting, and proficient in Excel and tax software. Manage service providers and review deliverables for accuracy and consistency with the business operations. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Generally overseeing service providers in the preparation of various tax returns and in relation to tax planning assistance.
- Reviewing and provide oversight for quarterly and annual employment tax returns.
- Management of the preparation of quarterly tax projections, with outside support, and communication of required estimated tax payments.
- Reviewing tax correspondence and facilitate and oversee tax examinations and notices.
- Reviewing federal and state and local income tax returns.
- Reviewing other tax returns (e.g., sales and use) as needed.
- Supporting compliance and planning for tax matters.
- Ensuring financial and tax reporting policies and procedures are compliant.
What you’ll need to Succeed:
- 5 or more years of experience in tax compliance and accounting.
- 2 or more years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting, Tax or relevant field of study.
- CPA preferred.
- Experience with working with High Growth or Technology companies is preferred.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principles and applicable federal and state direct and indirect tax laws.
- Experience with software such as MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, G-Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides). Experience with Workday preferred.
Perks of Being a TORC’r
Torc cares about our team members and we strive to provide benefits and resources to support their health, work/life balance, and their future. Additionally, we are always open to suggestions to accommodate individual employee needs. Torc offers:
- Full coverage of monthly medical premiums for full-time employees
- Medical/dental/vision/ AD+D and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with employer matching
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Leadership development training
- Collaborative, energetic, and team-focused work environment
- Flexibility in schedule and generous paid vacation