You have a good eye for spotting top talent, are driven, self motivated, a good relationship builder and are passionate about research – finding the needle in a haystack kind of research. You want to work in a fun-loving, vibrant but hard-working and dedicated team. You like building systems and processes and are constantly asking yourself “how can we do this better?” Content writing is your second nature and you can adapt to different situations from handling not-so-exciting administrative tasks to hosting potential members of the executive team. If this sounds like you, join us now and help us build the team that will change the future of the African continent.
Our purpose is to catalyze change in Africa and around the world by building the world’s most innovative university. Our engaging learning experiences integrate technology, personalized learning, real world projects and entrepreneurial leadership to create innovators, game-changers, and problem-solvers. We ask our students to declare a ‘mission’ for their lives instead of declaring an academic major. Our two undergraduate campuses—Mauritius and Rwanda—are well in operation, as is our graduate School of Business. Moving forward, we plan to scale across the continent and then around the world, ultimately developing 3 million entrepreneurs and leaders by 2060. We are growing rapidly: student enrollment increased by 1,200% between 2015 and 2017 and revenue grew by 650% in 2017. In 2017, the New York Times described ALU as one of ‘8 places in the world where history is being made’, and in 2016, Fast Company named ALU the ‘third most innovative company in Africa’ while CNN described ALU as the ‘Harvard of Africa’.
ABOUT THE TALENT ACQUISITION TEAM
At ALU, we believe what makes a company amazing is its people. The Talent Acquisition Team ensures that ALU functions to its optimum capacity by searching, selecting and reuniting the perfect combination of employees from entry level staff to senior hires, who embody the diversity, ownership and restless excellence that is needed for ALU to achieve its goal of creating a new generation of ethical African leaders. We work in a mission-driven environment and we expect our people to carry forward this spirit in all they do. Our Talent Acquisition team is crucial to identifying this crop of amazing talent that sees Africa as the root for change across the world.
This a highly hands on role that requires an understanding of systems and processes, what makes good talent, research and analytics while harnessing the power of collaboration and interpersonal relationships. As our TA Coordinator, you will report to the Director of Talent Acquisition and be accountable for managing the end to end recruitment process of roles within the organisation.
In this role, no two days are the same. Your responsibilities include:
- Managing the recruitment process of candidates, including creating sourcing pipelines using top notch technology and tricks and managing all stages of the selection process from resume screening all the way to closing candidates;
- Building and managing relationships with external recruiting partners, internal staff and candidates;
- Ensuring a world class candidates experience. Remember, the recruitment process is the first interaction point for many of our candidates and is a snapshot into the amazing work culture at ALU. Our desire is to ensure all candidates hired or unhired have a positive experience with us.
- Creation and documentation of systems and processes of all the recruitment functions;
- Continuously building the visibility of the employer brand and increasing engagement with our future hires
We are seeking someone with an interest in people and recruiting, previous experience in a fast-paced work environment, and a deep interest in changing the future of the African continent. The ideal candidate possesses the following qualities:
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience in recruitment, executive search or sales
- Research animal – from sourcing candidates to researching recruitment best practices and new technology trends to improve the TA function
- Creativity – exercise ingenuity in sourcing for candidates and creating content which communicates ALU’s Employer and Talent Brands well
- Systems thinker – we are optimising our systems and processes and need independent structured thinkers who can help build a scalable talent acquisition function
- Data and analytics orientation – as we grow our team it is important for us to track our recruiting efforts and measure how successful we are to increase operational efficiency
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to perform under pressure and cope with tight deadlines
- Superior written and verbal communication
- Strong passion to succeed, contagious energy and desire to have fun in the process – we work in a fast paced environment and need people who enjoy their work
- Experience using an ATS such as Greenhouse is desired
- Proficiency with G Suite is required