Mechanism is an early-stage venture firm that partners with entrepreneurs to launch and scale ambitious companies.
We work to identify and validate opportunities in our model before creating every business. We then provide the growth expertise to gain early traction and the business support to establish positive unit economics, profitability, and scale.
In addition to investment and strategic guidance, we offer extensive operational support for our startups in critical areas, including Growth, Product, Operations, People, Finance, and Legal. Our in-house experts are at the top of their fields and are here to provide world-class support and expertise in helping our startups get off the ground and scale.
We have deep expertise in growth marketing as a team, and it’s an integral part of our company-wide culture. When it comes to launching and scaling companies, we don’t guess. We engineer.
Our success rate of getting companies profitable is 100%, and our team has a track record of investing in and cofounding multiple companies with $100M+ revenue.
As a Copywriter, you’ll join a dynamic content team that values quality, integrity, and attention to detail. In this role, you will be responsible for writing high-quality content in various forms, including short- and long-form articles, outreach and marketing emails, landing page copy, and more.
You will conduct in-depth research in this role. You will also need to communicate and collaborate with stakeholders across multiple companies and industries. This role is for you if you’re a self-starter who values the written word, can operate independently, likes working on diverse projects, and can learn and adapt quickly.
As part of the content team, you will work directly with the Content Strategist and the Director of SEO.
What You’ll Do
- Write straightforward and error-free content for a website that reflects the company’s voice.
- Work with multiple Tone of Voice Guidelines (across different portfolio companies) understand their message and target audience.
- Interpret creative direction and technical information and turning them into persuasive copy concepts.
- Work with content strategist to edit and modify the copy to meet their content expectations.
Who You Are
- You are an exceptional writer who can write well across mediums (blog posts, emails, ad copy, etc.) and for various topics and audiences.
- You must have high integrity, the capacity to learn quickly, and increased intrinsic motivation.
- You can interview people, conduct in-depth research, and write authoritatively about topics you had little knowledge of before your assignment.
- You are very comfortable using Slack, G-suite applications, and other tools to communicate and collaborate in a remote environment.
- You have world-class attention to detail. You will be working on high-value projects with high-caliber people. Your work must be of the highest quality.
- (Not required but a plus) You have experience with keyword placement and SEO, and you know how to write high-quality, search engine optimized articles.
What You’ll Bring
- Experience with writing across a variety of industries
- Understanding of SEO concepts and working with keywords
- Copywriting experience
- Experience using Google Docs, Slack, and Asana
- Client-facing communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent attention to detail and a desire to produce high-quality work
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive outlook in complex, fast-paced, and stressful situations
What to Expect
- The rate of learning at early-stage companies is so high that priorities constantly evolve. Thus, being highly adaptable and flexible is critical. However, we’d like to share a general idea of the direct impact you could make within the first three months on the team:
- 30 Days: Learn the Tone of Voice and Writing Guidelines for each portfolio companyWrite short-form content expansions and blogs 1:1 review with the content strategist for feedback and an overview of the following steps
- 60 Days: Take on long-form content assignments.Master the Tone of Voice and Writing Guidelines for each portfolio company1:1 review with the content strategist for feedback and overview of the following steps and gauge comfort in the variety of content
- 90 Days: Ability to take on any content assignment from any portfolio companyThe ability to add insight and make suggestions on content pillars1:1 review with the content strategist and an opportunity to create a growth pathway and gain certifications
- Submit your application! This is a robust application that includes answering important questions and submitting a writing sample.
- Trial Period. Spend two weeks with our team trying out this role! You’ll be paid $20 USD per hour, up to $200 USD per week.
- Officially join the team!