Fictiv Exists to Enable Hardware Innovators to Build Better Products, Faster
Fictiv, coined the “AWS of manufacturing,” is a leading technology company transforming the $350 billion manufacturing industry. Our cutting-edge cloud platform uses AI and machine learning algorithms to help companies build hardware at the speed of software. Come join our growing team!
Title: Staff Software Engineer, Frontend
Location: Remote, USA
What’s in it for you?
Fictiv is on a path to re-invent how manufacturing should be. As a core member and key player, you’ll be working with a team of engineers who are driven to make this a reality while focusing on supply chain automation.
Staff Engineers have an outsized impact on the team. You will play an essential technical leadership role in shaping technical architecture, increasing awareness of best practices, and elevating technical standards across all of frontend engineering.
Our customers work on products that push technological boundaries – from self-driving cars to low-cost water purification systems. They inspire us to develop systems to move faster, build higher quality product, and shape the future of manufacturing.
Change An Industry
We have a big vision for what manufacturing should be, and we are determined to make that vision real. You’ll be working with smart, mission driven teammates to create significant change in this industry.
What will you be doing?
- Develop a long-term technical vision and roadmap to advance our frontend architecture, including CI / CD pipeline and backend for frontend systems
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams across the company to realize the roadmap
- Establish technical guidelines to improve security, scalability, usability, and performance of our web applications
- Mentor, train, and guide engineers across teams on modern design techniques, test practices, and coding standards
- Prioritize and delegate frontend improvements that are shared between teams
- Hands-on development, debugging, and review of any critical work for the front-end application
- 5-10+ years’ experience developing and delivering frontend web applications for external customers
- Proficient with modern frontend frameworks and tools such as React.js, Webpack, and ESLint
- Experience with multiple data fetching and state management approaches for complex data
- Experience with mitigating security risks, especially with OWASP Top 10
- Familiar with current trends and best practices in frontend architecture, including security, scalability, usability, and performance
Perks and benefits
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401K plan
- Monthly Virtual Work stipend for things like food, internet, travel, pet care, health and wellness
- Annual Education stipend
- Parental leave programs
- Paid volunteer days
- Onboarding setup, including: standing desk, laptop, monitor, and chair, and a stipend for additional items such as headphones, blue light glasses, or any other ergonomic supplies you may want or need
- And much, much more!
Fictiv is continuing to expand our remote US workforce. Recent hires include professionals located in:
Arizona (AZ), California (CA), Delaware (DE), Florida (FL), Georgia (GA), Hawaii (HI), Illinois (IL), Indiana (IN), Kansas (KS), Maryland (MA), Massachusetts (MD), Michigan (MI), Minnesota (MN), Nevada (NV), New Hampshire (NH), North Carolina (NC), Ohio (OH), Oregon (OR), South Carolina (SC), Texas (TX), Utah (UT), Virginia (VA), Washington D.C. (DC), Washington State (WA), West Virginia (WV), and Wyoming (WY)
Interested in joining our team? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Our Digital Manufacturing Ecosystem is transforming how the next rockets, self-driving cars, and life-saving robots are designed, developed and delivered to customers around the world.
This transformation is made possible through our technology-backed platform, our global network of manufacturing partners, and our people with deep expertise in hardware and software development.
We’re actively seeking potential teammates who can bring diverse perspectives and experience to our culture and company. We believe inclusion is the best way to create a strong, empathetic team. Our belief is that the best team is born from an environment that emphasizes respect, honesty, collaboration, and growth.
We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups, including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.