Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Our Global Expansion team’s mission is to accelerate Affirm’s growth to new countries and transform Affirm Engineering codebases to be global first.
Are you excited about helping grow Affirm across the world?
Affirm’s Global Expansion team is growing and we are looking to add a Staff Software Engineer to our team.
What You'll Do
- Help shape the technical direction of Affirm’s international architecture
- Develop the platforms that will help us scale to an increasing number of countries at an increasing velocity
- Partner with a broad range of engineering teams to help them identify their international expansion challenges
- Provide solutions encompassing large parts of Affirm’s core engineering systems.
What We Look For
- Experienced: Experience building and understanding complex web-based systems, and the interactions between components
- Flexibility: Ability to work with multiple engineering teams on a wide range of problems
- Mentorship: Proven ability to technically mentor engineers and communicate technical ideas
- Collaborative: Enjoys cross team collaboration especially with product managers, operations teams, and compliance officers
- Humble: You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- User Focused: Cares about the details in the user experience
- Passionate: Passionate about Affirm's Mission: “Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives”
Location – Remote U.S.
Grade – USA31
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.