We are on a mission to liberate businesses and people to do their best work.
We are an ambitious, international team with more than 30 nationalities represented today. We believe that people do their best work when they’re given the freedom to thrive and grow. Thinking big, bringing a positive attitude, and taking full ownership are three characteristics that thread our team together.
Founded in 2016 Spendesk today serves thousands of businesses in Europe and the US, and we recently raised a further €100m investment bringing our series C funding to over €200m and in the process becoming one of Europe’s latest Tech Unicorns. Our team of 350+ Spendeskers is spread across four offices in Paris, Berlin, London and San Francisco, alongside many teammates working remotely from various cities in Europe.
And we’re growing fast. Come join us!
Part of the Core Product Tribe, you will contribute in the future phases of Spendesk focused on key areas of our product: Spending flows and Finance flows. In the context of a fast paced growing company, you’ll be the first Staff Engineer with the duty to bring our tech to the next level. As a key contributor, your mission will be to shape and support the implementation of the engineering roadmap, covering a multitude of topics such as developer experience, reliability, scalability, data consistency, and security.
Among the upcoming cross-functional challenges, you’ll find topics such as scaling the infrastructure as the company grows, and enabling the engineering team to be fast and independent in their development and release process.
- You will be responsible to deliver high-impact and challenging projects , like designing and shaping our new public API, involving leading cross engineers team.
- You will be one of the Tech Voice of Spendesk with an important focus on evangelization, role model and tech leadership
- Collaborating closely with EMs/TLs/PMs for shaping the technical roadmap of the engineering team
- Mentoring the other engineers and help them to grow
- You’ll take an important role in hiring the future Spendeskers
What we’re looking for:
- More than 10 years of experience in the tech industry, in companies of various sizes. Coming from a hyper-scale environment is a plus
- Experience in driving cross-team engineering initiatives and leading impactful projects in a fast pace growing environment
- Passionate about tech and able to show pedagogy (Evangelism / Mentorship/ …)
- Strong experience in designing/improving highly scalable infrastructure
- Up to date in state-of-the-art technologies and use to meetup and participate in conferences.