Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a Sr. Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)?
Clearcover is looking for an energetic, experienced, and highly motivated Sr. Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join our team. The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team builds, maintains, and monitors the platform that powers Clearcover’s API products, applications, and machine-learning applications. We work every day to improve our build automation, strengthen our AWS and Kubernetes infrastructure, shift left on security and quality, and improve our reliability. The Sr. Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) role is an integral part of our Product and Technology organization and requires a passion for technology and cloud architecture. Pragmatic and driven, you thrive in collaborative environments with high degrees of autonomy. If you’re an expert generalist with an appetite for a variety of projects, a yen for automation, and zeal for driving out toil, we'd love to talk to you!
What will you do as a Sr. Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)?
- Develop, deploy, and operate our secure AWS infrastructure (EKS, S3, EC2, RDS, Lambda, etc).
- Ensure the high availability, resiliency, performance, business continuity and compliance capabilities of our cloud services.
- Build dashboards and alerting to monitor our apps and infrastructure
- Define standards for our containerized environments and Kubernetes clusters
- Work with our engineering teams to deploy and operate cloud services.
- Help develop and operate our build automation and continuous delivery systems.
- Participate in an on-call rotation, drive incident resolution and improve platform resiliency.
What do you need as a Sr. DevOps (Site Reliability Engineer)?
- 3+ years of experience with cloud IaaS offerings in AWS (strongly preferred), GCP, or Azure.
- 3+ years of experience with automation/configuration management using Terraform, Ansible, or similar solutions.
- 3+ years of experience with Kubernetes (strongly preferred) or other container orchestration platforms.
- 3+ years of experience with continuous integration/deployment tools such as Jenkins.
- 3+ years of experience with operational monitoring tools, such as Datadog, CloudWatch, Sumo Logic, and Prometheus.
- Proficient in Linux tools and shell scripting or other Linux automation
- An interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Well-versed with the entire software development lifecycle, devops, and SRE practices.
Nice to haves as a Sr. Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)?
- Experience with automated unit and integration testing of infrastructure code
- Experience with container security
Did you know that women and minorities are less likely to apply to a position if they don’t match 100% of the job qualifications? Don’t let that be the reason you miss out on this opportunity! We encourage you to apply anyway. Don’t count yourself out!
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.