Timescale is looking for our first growth Product Manager to help drive the growth and expansion of our database cloud.
Love technology and developer products, yet equally interested in solving business problems and driving product adoption? Feel excited working with many teams including engineers, product and designers, and marketing and sales partners?
As a senior Product Manager for growth, you will help define and lead initiatives to drive Timescale Cloud product adoption and expansion. You’ll develop a deep empathy towards improving the experience of users during their first weeks of onboarding and months of adoption. You’ll figure out how to unlock the growth of data-under-management for users on our database cloud, including the adoption of new product features to the benefit of our users. You’ll drive strong decision-making through data-driven analysis and hypothesis testing, and qualitative research and customer insights.
This is an exciting opportunity to help us build the future of our database cloud and business. We’re building a larger growth engineering team and internal customer data platform, and you’ll lead the product side of that team and practice. You will have significant strategic and tactical responsibilities for defining, planning, and executing growth initiatives for Timescale Cloud.
If you have experience in product growth for SaaS products, and want to have a direct and immediate impact on a fast growing startup serving developers worldwide, then this is the role for you.
For the right candidate, staff product manager levels and responsibilities for this role are a possibility. More senior candidates may also have product responsibilities overseeing our internal customer data platform, ensuring the right data infrastructure for driving growth initiatives.
Timescale is a fully-remote company with team members around the world, and English language fluency is a requirement. To better coordinate with their teams, the preferred candidate for this role will have working hours in the North/South American time zones.
- Develop a deep and empathic understanding of our customers and their problems
- Craft a quarterly product growth strategy and roadmap in concert with other product managers, customers, engineering, design, and go-to-market teams.
- Define methods and metrics for identifying success and failure, while ensuring the team is clear on their objectives.
- Measure adoption of the product, collect customer feedback regularly, and adjust plans as needed. Use data to support your decisions, and perform fast-paced experimentation to drive measurable product improvements.
- Help our product designers and engineers build beautiful, intuitive data product experiences.
- Drive continuous product improvement and optimize for shipping a portfolio of small, medium and large releases.
- Work with go-to-market teams on messaging, positioning, pricing, and launch activities.
- Potentially help define and product manage our internal customer data platform to support product and go-to-market needs.
- 5+ years of proven track record in product management, with at least 3+ years of experience on SaaS platforms.
- Growth PM experience, including building experimentation programs, strong collaboration with marketing teams, etc.
- Ability to write SQL queries and build dashboards to track product growth and provide insights that power big decisions.
- Understanding of databases or other technical infrastructure products, and the developer journey to adopt them.
- Experience working with broader software ecosystems or partners is a plus!
- Excellent written and verbal communication, with a precise talent for articulating customer challenges.
- Excited by ambiguous and vague problem definitions and ability to refine them to an actionable plan.
- Strong sense of ownership and problem-solving skills – Timescale is moving fast and so should you. Trying things, making mistakes, and quickly improving is in our DNA.
- Computer Science or technical degree much preferred, or prior technical development experience.
Timescale is the creator of TimescaleDB, the industry-leading relational database for time-series. Tens of thousands of organizations trust TimescaleDB today with their mission-critical time-series applications. The company is dedicated to serving software developers and businesses worldwide, enabling them to build exceptional data-driven products that measure everything that matters: software applications, industrial equipment, financial markets, blockchain activity, consumer behavior, machine learning models, climate change, and more. Analyzing data across the time dimension (“time-series data”) enables developers to understand what is happening right now, how that is changing, and why that is changing. Timescale is a fully remote company with a global workforce and is backed by Tiger Global, Benchmark Capital, New Enterprise Associates, Redpoint Ventures, Icon Ventures, Two Sigma Ventures, and other leading investors. For more information, visit www.timescale.com or follow @TimescaleDB.
Working at Timescale
Timescale is breaking boundaries and setting new standards in the innovating and rapidly growing time-series data industry. Built on the foundation of people-focused values and principles, Timescale makes sure integrity, mutual respect, and compassion is at the heart of everything we do. Empowered by our Co-Founders, Ajay Kulkarni (CEO) and Mike Freedman (CTO), we are challenging the norm by working with people who continuously inspire and teach us .
Enjoy debating the crunch-factor of different chicken nuggets , sweating it out during lunch , talking about your kids, whether they be actual children , potted plants , or four-legged creatures ? You’ll fit right in at Timescale!
What we’re offering
Benefits may differ from country to country.
- Flexible PTO and family leave
- Fridays off in August
- Full remote work from anywhere
- Stock options
- Monthly WiFi stipend
- Professional development and educational benefits
- Premium insurance options for you and your family (US employees)
- FSA/Dependent FSA plans (US employees)
- 401(k) retirement plan (US employees)