Over the past four years, Flowspace has created one of the largest on-demand modern omnichannel fulfillment networks in the country, powered by cloud and mobile technology. We enable hundreds of brands and retailers to dynamically store, fulfill and ship products seamlessly to consumers nationwide from +200 locations. Join us in our mission to transform a $100 billion warehouse and logistics industry. Flowspace is backed by Canvas Ventures, Moment Ventures, BuildGroup, Y Combinator, and other prominent angels.
Join our team!
• Meaningful equity in a venture backed start-up. Everyone gets stock options!
• Competitive Salary
• Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance
• Flexible time off, plus a separate bank for sick time
• Extra paid parental leave
• Mental Health / Wellness benefits + discounts for certain programs
• Work From Home stipend, towards your home office
• 401K with matching
• A clear success path within the company. We want you to grow and lead with us!
This role will focus on managing existing carrier relationships, in addition to bringing in new accounts within small parcels and freight. This position will strategize across teams to build out a middle mile team, in order to optimize networks towards cost savings.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage all carrier accounts / relationships (freight and regular), own, manage and negotiate rates for all global businesses.
- Will build and nurture relationships growing a middle mile (freight) team, in order to optimize inventory levels across our warehouse network.
- Research and implement solutions that will optimize the Flowspace small parcel network, in order to save costs and provide efficient solutions for our merchants
- Will gather, analyze and provide data around transportation profitability and make suggestions with this supporting data, to initiate business decisions.
- Will manage, coach and support team of Transportation Logistics representatives
- Partner closely with finance, sales, customer success and network logistics teams, towards mutually shared goals, and strategies
- Will stay on top of and communicate efficient freight route plans to ensure shipments are cost effective for the merchant
- Will support various Customer Success training initiatives, guidelines, and creating/implementing of processes, to support the business towards efficiencies
- Will utilize Salesforce and the Flowspace platform to gather data, analyze trends, and highlight opportunities that arise from shipments.
Who We’re Looking For:
- 5-8 years logistics / transportation experience
- Experience with freight logistics / shipping / fulfillment processes and best practices
- Reporting capabilities to produce effective and valuable reports towards solutions and opportunities
- Exceptional organizational skills, handling various tasks/objectives, across various teams, in a fast-paced environment
- Effective, collaborative communication skills (both verbal and written), across teams and levels
- Experience with presenting data, creating presentations decks, to present findings, by effectively organizing key findings and potential solutions
- Exceptional attention to detail, with the ability to spot trends, and other points of opportunity, across systems, and other logistics data
- Teamwork mentality, respectful, inclusive, with an encouraging mindset towards achieving goals in a competitive and fast-paced environment
- Industry experience, such as logistics, warehousing, or e-commerce
- Start up experience
- Sales background is a nice plus!
Other Helpful Things To Know:
- This is a 100% remote position, so our employees must be able to successfully function in a virtual setting, including the ability to work with/ manage teams across various time zones, with reasonable expectations/ hours.
- The employee must be able to successfully manage a variety of virtual technology and collaborative tools, to successfully communicate and manage their remote environment (i.e. Slack, Zoom, etc).
- 10% travel is required for employee team gatherings / conferences