Who We Are:
At Platform Science, we’re working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.
We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
About the Role:
Platform Science is hiring a Senior Manager of Product Management to lead a group of Product Managers and Integrations specialists, focused on improving our suite of developer tools, and extending the reach and operational capabilities of our customer-facing Apps & Solutions catalog. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Product, and working with a team of passionate colleagues, you will be involved in shaping the future of our company as a senior leader and strategist.
In this role, you will face multi sided marketplace strategic, technical, and innovation challenges as you seek to find the optimal balance between the needs of the business and your users. You are always asking questions to learn more about the ‘Why’ and ‘How’ of the world. You are a natural leader and take ownership and pride in the quality of both your work and your teams' work.
We’re always looking for talented individuals to join us and are dedicated to a transparent interview process. If selected for an interview, we will have a candid discussion to assess which level and/or position you would thrive in most at Platform Science.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a talented group of product managers; refining and extending product vision and strategy around the needs of our target developer and fleet manager customers and then distilling this into a coordinated tactical roadmap.
- Answer the following high level questions:
- How will we grow our fledgling developer ecosystem into one that scales to dozens of partners?
- How might we sell our Solutions more effectively to fleets?
- How do we provide our developer partners with useful tools they can use to develop Virtual Vehicle compatible apps and solutions.
- Work closely with peers, partners, customers, and stakeholders to drive your group’s strategy while balancing the needs of the overall product portfolio.
- Empower your team to define the success metrics of the products they work on, and own the outcomes alongside them.
- Lean into helping your team define requirements, triage bugs, and work with customers, as needed.
- Identify areas of opportunity and weakness in Product culture and process, proposing and driving creative and iterative solutions.
- Champion the customer and business; leveraging business models and referencing user feedback to help your teams make the right trade-offs between capability, cost, engineering complexity, and revenue and bring transformational products to market.
- Lead a world-class product group; hiring, mentoring, and motivating so they may achieve both professional and personal goals.
What We're Looking For:
- 7-10 years of product management experience leading Marketplace, Integrations, and/or Developer-centric products from idea to wide-scale adoption.
- 3+ years managing teams of senior and junior product managers.
- Experience with P&L; comfortable recommending investments and their returns.
- Exceptional skills driving priorities and building organizational alignment around them.
- Exceptional communication skills that allow you to bridge the gap of a team spread across the country.
- Exhibits a positive, can-do attitude and be willing to work in a hyper-growth environment. In other words, roll up your sleeves and thrive in a fast-paced start-up.
Platform Science Benefits Highlights:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits (some plans for employees are 100% covered by Platform Science)
- Generous paid time off and company holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k matching
- Investment in your professional growth in the company
At this time we only consider candidates in these states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MD, MN, MO, NC, NH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, WA, and WI. In the future we plan to add more states.