The Sr. Manager, Sales Support and Field Operations is responsible for innovating, aligning and supporting the strategy and development of the Quote to Cash processes in order to increase productivity across the Revenue Organization. You will be responsible for the end to end execution and provisioning of all sales led transactions and oversee the teams responsible for getting GitHub offerings into the hands of our clients. In addition, this candidate will drive the future roadmap of process improvement, striving to maximize the time selling roles spend in front of buyers and customers. The ideal candidate will actively drive successful day to day buyer and client engagement operations, in alignment with all global sales teams, with a focus on automation while striving to provide the quickest, and most accurate responses to the myriad of daily questions.
- Work in close partnership with our IT/Business Systems Department to prioritize the portfolio aligned to business needs, oversee the development of solutions, lead roll out of new systems, processes, and tools
- Analyze sales and operations processes and identify opportunities to increase efficiency by automating, minimizing and offloading low value activities
- Participate in new go-to-market initiatives, be the POC for user questions and participate/support training on any new system changes for the Revenue Organization
- Work across stakeholders to identify operational process recommendations and system improvements that can be made based on existing workflows, increasing productivity of sales and sales operations.
- Responsible for defining benchmarks, operational metrics and reports in order to monitor effectiveness of sales support and field operations teams
- Managing a global team of 20+ spread across 4 continents and 7 time zones
- 8+ years experience or more supporting SaaS B2B sales team in a complex sales environment
- Experience building and retaining teams of managers and ICs
- Experience in analyzing sales processes, understanding use cases for key systems and developing business requirements
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to meet multiple deadlines. Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities
- Strong understanding of business and technical processes
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail with the capability to appropriately define issues, questions, and data
- Expertise with Salesforce, Google Sheets/Excel a must; experience with Looker/Power BI, and GitHub are a plus
Who We Are:
GitHub is the developer company. We make it easier for developers to be developers: to work together, to solve challenging problems, and to create the world’s most important technologies. We foster a collaborative community that can come together—as individuals and in teams—to create the future of software and make a difference in the world.
Customer Obsessed – Trust by Default – Ship to Learn – Own the Outcome – Growth Mindset – Global Product, Global Team – Anything is Possible – Practice Kindness
Why You Should Join:
At GitHub, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hubbers) to do the best work of their lives. We've designed one of the coolest workspaces in San Francisco (HQ), where many Hubbers work, snack, and create daily. The rest of our Hubbers work remotely around the globe. Check out an updated list of where we can hire here: https://github.com/about/careers/remote
We are also committed to keeping Hubbers healthy, motivated, focused and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
GitHub is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!
Please note that benefits vary by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask your Talent Partner.