MetroStar Systems is seeking a Sr. Java Web Service Developer who is responsible for the web services design and architecture on enterprise and data management. The ideal candidate will be able to effectively write custom web services to translate large data sets from its source to custom web API's. If you want to join a team developing cutting edge solutions on one of the largest collections of data in the nation, we want you to work for MetroStar!
You’ll love our position if you have… (This is the stuff you MUST have to be a fit)
- 5+ years’ experience with Java Web Services RESTful (primary), XML and supporting integration and enabling access via API calls (JDBC preferred)
- experience in developing, modifying, and enhancing data and metadata service components
- experience implementing ETL processes and creating ETL scripts
- experience in Linux and bash or shell scripting
- Bachelor of Science degree
- the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- experience with Tomcat, Apache, and similar webserver technologies
- experience with Test Drive Development and Behavior Driven Development
- experience working in Agile environment
- experience in performing code reviews as well as enforcing standards and processes
- lead middle-tier and backend developers to develop design documentation that outlines the complete design and implementation details for all ingest processes.
We’ll REALLY love you if…
(This is the bonus stuff that makes you stand out)
- You are familiar with ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana) or Solr
- You have experience in designing Elasticsearch index for search capabilities
- You have experience working with developing and deploying production facing web applications
- You have experience establishing and enforcing branching and software development processes to produce quality products
What your day will look like:
- Develop, modify, and enhance data and metadata service components, implement, and integrate Java based REST services, and support Elasticsearch index adjustments/restructuring due to data changes
- Develop specifications that outline the design and implementation details for data ingest processes.
- Interact with a cross functional team of business analysts, developers, testers, scrum masters and product owners to design, development and implement features and capabilities
- You will participate in sprint ceremonies and play an active role in meeting sprint commitments
- You will identify and communicate risks, issues, and dependencies to your team as well as the program and mitigate them in a timely manner
The Legal Stuff:
MetroStar Systems is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of MetroStar Systems.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.