Hi there! We’re PAR and our purpose is:
To deliver solutions that connect people to the restaurants, meals and moments they love.
We take that responsibility very seriously. As a leading provider of technology to the top restaurant brands in the world we’re calling all rebels, instigators, idealists and builders to join our constantly growing team!
PAR invented the first standalone point of sale terminal over 40 years ago, yet we operate much like a start-up at the forefront of restaurant technology. Today, our solutions span Customer loyalty, engagement, restaurant management, payment services, drive-thru, and full POS integrations. These solutions are used to serve tens of millions of guests every day in over 120 countries.
Our mission is to build the number one restaurant technology company in the world and we’re off to great start.
We believe that our ambition is only limited by our ability to attract and retain great people; people who are up for the challenge to change the game with us! If it sounds like you belong here, we should meet!
The Senior Internal Auditor will report to the Director of Internal Audit and will be a critical part of the PAR Technology Audit Team. The candidate will interact on a regular basis with accounting, finance and business personnel. The candidate will be responsible for performing financial, operational, compliance, and SOX reviews in accordance with the internal audit plan.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years experience in Public Accounting, Internal Audit or Related field
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, CPA, CISA, CIA – Preferred
- Deep understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements, internal auditing standards, accounting, COSO and risk assessment practices
- Ability to identify risks and controls when evaluating various business processes
- Ability to execute internal audits, including planning, developing audit procedures/techniques and writing reports
- Ability to apply sound business and audit judgment in making recommendations to management
- Strong project and time management and experience in performing multiple projects and working with varying team members
- Experience working in a technology and/or services intensive business.
- Ability to work independently and as a team, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management
Why We Need You
- Participate in audit risk assessment, planning and audit scope development as well as project execution as a critical team member.
- Act as the in-charge for selected audit projects, conducting the audit planning, overseeing the execution of the audit, and leading closing activities. Supervision includes assessing project status and results and overseeing timely completion, including work paper review and report preparation.
- Perform testing of the more complex/high risk areas; monitor timely completion of SOX testing.
- Maintain accurate risk control matrices and ensure correlation with the narrative documentation and test plans. Determine the cause of audit exceptions and remediate deficiencies.
- Ensure quality of work including good self-review techniques and thorough documentation to support audit conclusions.
- Develop recommendations for process improvements and efficiencies.
- Communicate timely with the department manager when problematic issues or potential exceptions arise to promote transparency.
- Provide control consulting services to management to assist in redesign efforts that improve the control environment.
- Facilitate management’s SOX assessment by evaluating the design and operating effectiveness of documented controls.
- Coordinate with external auditors and business process owners on audit related matters.
PAR is proud to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We also provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.