Website Blink UX
Blink Embedded is looking for a Senior Hybrid Designer who will weave iconography, typography, color, space and texture together to help the users successfully navigate our products. Their products should be beautiful and accessible. As a hybrid designer, you’ll delight users with designs that inspire, engage and excite them. You’ll rely on user-centered design principles to produce high-quality visuals—from concept to execution—across many platforms.
As our ideal candidate, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to conceive and support design work for innovative software products. Day to day tasks will include leading new visual design explorations and creating mockups, design systems, or clickable prototypes. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, collaborative environment.
You will gain valuable experience and engage with a cross-disciplinary team to contribute to the conceptualization, design, and specification of innovative consumer products.
6 month remote contract opportunity.
What you’ll do…
- Collaborate with interaction and visual designers to create new software and product experiences.
- Ability to distill complex concepts and then quickly turn around rigorous flows and mockups reflecting a range of simple, elegant, and technically-feasible options
- Ability to create design mockups at high quality with fast turnaround, and ability to iterate quickly to visualize and evolve visual design solutions.
- Work closely with the software team to support prototyping activities with visual design mockups/assets, to capture and resolve bugs, including resolution of design inconsistencies, incorrect or missing graphic resources, etc.
- Aptitude and cultural fit to inspire and collaborate within the multidisciplinary team
- Understanding learning experiences and creation of educational materials
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously and multi-task in an agile environment. Be prepared quickly to grow into increased responsibility and autonomy as you demonstrate skills and reliability.
- Need to be receptive to constructive criticism and be able to internalize and make design revisions based on feedback from design leaders and design colleagues.
- Create detailed documentation and specifications of user experience concepts and visual design specifications
- Excellent visual standards and obsessive attention to detail. Sense of color, scale, harmony, balance, and use of negative space.
- Deep experience with user-centered design principles, methodologies, and user research
- Skills in motion graphics, illustration, print production, presentations, concept creation and data visualization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and seeks to solve problems independently.
- Strong skills in creative design tools (Figma, Miro, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Zeplin).
- Ability to prototype using Figma, Adobe XD, Principle, InVision, Proto.io, or equivalent.
- In-depth understanding of mobile / desktop design standards and patterns (e.g. native components, best practices, etc)
- In-depth understanding of Design Systems and contribute to their further development and maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in User Interface Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent.