Website Concord Group Insurance
Concord Group Insurance is seeking a motivated and talented SQL Developer II to join our IT department. In this role you will join a team of experienced SQL Developers who will be available for collaboration. As an ideal candidate, you will be curious and have exceptional problem-solving ability. Strong communication skills, including the ability to work with technical and non-technical team members, is a must.
This position is considered ‘primarily remote’, meaning you will work from home most of the time; however, you must be able to work on-site and attend in-person group meetings occasionally.
- Analysis, technical design, coding, testing and implementation of insurance applications for data warehouse, data marts and reporting
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and higher: Maintain complex database applications, write and understand complex T-SQL queries, store procedures, functions, views and triggers
- Create detailed technical specification documents to include workflow and process flow diagrams
- Perform code reviews for other members of the team
- Maintain and support production systems, as assigned
- Minimum 3 years of experience for coding and application development
- BA/BS degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience required
- Property and Casualty Insurance or Financial services knowledge preferred
- Ability to complete a variety of moderately difficult coding tasks
- Working knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts:
- Dimensional design
- Star Schema models
- Time variant data
- Data analytics
- Working knowledge of Reporting tools:
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SQL Server Analytical Services (SSAS)
- SQL partitioning
- SSIS packages for data export and import
- Hands on experience with performance tuning database applications, including indexing
- Microsoft Technologies as distributed application development
Concord Group employees are eligible for benefits including medical, vision, dental, life, and disability insurance, sick time and holiday pay, three weeks’ paid vacation, and a generous 401(k) plan with a 6% company match.
As a leading regional provider of property and casualty insurance, The Concord Group helps protect the families and small businesses that enable our communities to thrive. Our positive work environment, competitive benefits, and rapid growth make The Concord Group a great place to build your career.
The Concord Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Concord Group participates in E-Verify.