Who We Are
SPINS is the leading provider of retail consumer insights, analytics, and consulting for the Natural, Organic and Specialty Products Industry. We transform raw data into intelligent and actionable business solutions that enable consumers to pursue wellness. At SPINS, we believe data is important, but our people are the real differentiator. That’s why we maintain a culture that is focused on collaboration, flexibility, and open communication.
What You Will Do
Solutions Architects translate client requirements and objectives into solutions that will create mutual value for SPINS and our client partners. They are master craftsmen using all tools in the arsenal, Solutions Architects use their robust delivery skills, deep understanding of the competitive landscape and unparalleled knowledge of SPINS’ offerings to create win/win solutions for our clients. Sales understanding and industry acumen allow them to empower our clients with creative solutions and to advocate SPINS’ offerings throughout the market landscape. This position reports to Vice President, Commercial Strategy and is located in Chicago.
- Work with SPINS sales account directors and sales leadership to develop and deliver new business through trust and value-led relationships with the key client stakeholders responsible for manufacturer/CPG growth initiatives and play the role of a trusted advisor and team player
- Develop automated and other sales enablement-based tools to maximize client whitespace identification/ROI and to scale client/prospect opportunity generation
- Gather client feedback to provide voice of customer reports to the SPINS Product Team, and to serve as a main technical liaison between the SPINS sales and product teams
- Serve as a trusted advisor to clients for “best-in-class” and potentially customized ways to partner with SPINS
- Help perform client assessments, execute chairside utilization sessions, and develop cohesive conclusions and create materials to present key findings to the executive level stakeholders
- Coach Business Analyst team members, and continue to grow your own expertise to help SPINS maintain its thought-leadership position in the industry
- Continue to drive SPINS’s thought leadership position in the industry through content generation and data analysis, delivering presentations at seminars, trade shows, and annual conferences
- Consistently elevate the Industry Acumen of the SPINS manufacturer/brand sales teams through internal presentations and trainings
- Occasional travel (1-2x per month) to client locations, trade shows.
What You Bring
- Minimum 4+ Years Consumer-Packaged Goods (CPG) Industry Experience
- Very proficient in PowerPoint and Excel, Knowledge and Proficiency in BI Platform Development
- Experience in sales-support roles using data, insight and visualization, ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Business and commercial acumen with the ability to engage and interact with senior-level leadership within the client’s organization, all with high levels of empathy
- Data analysis and storytelling – Analytical in approach; ability to spot trends, anomalies, and opportunities in data sets
- Experience working with syndicated data (preferred SPINS, The Nielsen Co., IRI and/or data in a CPG manufacturing setting) ideally with a focus on eCommerce solutions
- Experience in the natural/specialty industry is a plus
- Proven track record of problem-solving and decision making based on analytics; conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation
What SPINS Offers
We have enjoyed tremendous growth over the years and, as a leader in a fast-growing industry, we have no plans to slow down! While all that growth brings excitement, it is also an opportunity for SPINS to show it values the health and wellness of its team members. Whether you are based at our Chicago headquarters or remote, we continue to stay true to SPINS:
- We embrace hybrid and remote work options so that you have the flexibility to create a work/life balance that actually works!
- Virtual yoga, HIIT, meditation classes, and “team SPINS” Peloton rides
- Each employee is allotted paid time to use to volunteer with an organization of their choice and charitable donations are matched.
- CEO Connect, a monthly informal small group Q&A session with our top leader
- Semi-annual company-wide survey that is used to shape company programs, perks, and culture.
The SPINS Way
- Direct – We communicate with clarity, honesty and respect in all situations and embrace opportunities to provide solution-oriented feedback.
- Determined – We are committed to overcoming all obstacles to achieve results. We adapt to change, seek opportunities to learn and rapidly translate that learning into action.
- Passionate – We go above and beyond to help our partners achieve their goals. We challenge assumptions and are comfortable forging new paths.
- Collaborative – We leave our egos at the door, believing that working together we will produce an outcome that’s greater than each individual contribution.