Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost.
As our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money, Wealthsimple interns are able to be at the forefront of Canada’s leading digital financial products and work with smart, high-performing team members who will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We’re looking for people who love a fast-paced environment and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
Internships @ Wealthsimple
At Wealthsimple, we offer 4 to 12-month internships that are open to co-op and non-co-op students, recent grads, and career changers. During your remote-first internship, you will be able to contribute to projects that are changing the landscape of financial services for Canadians. You will be on a team that supports your growth and provides mentorship while also connecting to the broader Wealthsimple community!
Engineering @ Wealthsimple
Wealthsimple has several engineering teams ranging from product-focused to back-office and our teams build and manage the software that powers our services. We do this using microservice architecture and an agile approach, focused on short iterations and rigorous automated testing, deploying our code over 100 times a day. We maximize our productivity by building high-performing teams and giving them autonomy to deliver results, working very closely with product management, design and operations to make sure that our work delivers maximum benefit for our clients.
What you can expect from the interview process:
First Interview: 30-minute Technical Interview (in your language of choice) with one interviewer. We are looking for technical proficiency and judgement, adaptability, communication, and teamwork!
Second Interview: 1-hour Interview with a Hiring Manager where you will be walking through a project review
Last Stage: Offer!
Applications close on Friday, May 13th, 2022.
Interns @ Wealthsimple are completely integrated into the teams they join and get to work on meaningful projects during their time with us! This Fall, we’re looking to add Frontend, Full Stack, and Backend Engineers to our growing teams! Throughout the interview process, we’ll learn more about your skills and interests to match you with the right team at Wealthsimple.
We’re looking for people who:
- Are driven to ship frequently
- Take ownership in working on projects to successful completion
- Enjoy tackling new, complex challenges on a regular basis
- Are comfortable with self-directed learning
- Believe that debate, inclusivity and transparency result in better products
- Are eager to learn from your team and others. We value making one another successful!
Things you should know about our tech before applying:
- We have a microservice architecture with over 100+ services in production
- Roughly half of these services are Ruby on Rails, with the other half being Java/Kotlin
- Our frontend application is a mix of React/Angular
- We host our services on AWS and use things like RDS, Aurora, SQS, SNS, S3, Kafka, etc.
- We follow best practices and have great tools for profiling, logging, tracing, tracking and experimenting