Osmo is an award-winning accelerated learning system that changes the way children interact with games. Osmo games combine physical interactions with digital experiences to make learning fun.
In 2019, Osmo was acquired by Byju’s, the largest and fastest growing education technology startup globally. Recently valued at over $25B USD, Byju’s + Osmo will be working together to bring the love of learning to homes and schools everywhere. Today, Osmo powers the core engine for Byju’s 3-8 year old learning segment while tripling its revenue to nine figures.
Osmo has several game studios working in parallel. You will be at the heart of this on the Games Platform team. We build Osmo’s internal SDK, write developer tools, develop game features, and so much more.
We look for candidates that take pride in the quality of their work, be it gameplay engineering or building reliable systems. At the technical level, you will be primarily working with Unity/C# on gameplay code. You will also be working with your team to design and realize future products with Osmo.
- Asking questions, learning
- Working closely with other engineers, both on our team and on other teams
- Writing technical documentation
- Communicating with non-technical product owners, artists, designers, etc
- Being a part of feature conception and development
- Advocating for good engineering practices
- Implementing UI in Unity from design mock-upsImplementing new game features in Unity/C#
- Investigating and fixing bugs in live apps on multiple mobile platforms
- Proficient with multiple programming languages
- Basic knowledge of software architecture and design patterns
- Self driven and organized
- A curious and open mind
Additional Qualifications (nice to haves)
- Experience in programming games
- Unity (game engine for all our games)
- C# (client code)
- Git (version control)
- Java (native Android code)
- Objective-C (native iOS code)
- Python, Bash (scripting)
- SQL, BigQuery (Analytics)