Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, and Software, and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that.
Teams are autonomous, value inclusivity, eager to learn, teach and constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for experienced mobile developers to join our mobile team to build user-facing features on key business verticals. Our mobile product is built with React Native, and while experience with React Native is a plus, we’re open to hiring people with mobile experience on any platform. You’ll have the opportunity to work with engineers across the company as we continue to scale our app. You'll have the opportunity to learn and push the frontier of providing the best financial software experience to help companies grow. You’ll be encouraged to be metric and data-driven and to think creatively to help Brex scale and get prepared for the new markets we are about to enter.
- Build robust and scalable mobile components
- Work with engineering across the company to develop and implement mobile first mindset
- Build user-facing features on key business verticals
- Mentor and guide other engineers on contributing to the mobile code base
- 2+ years total mobile engineering experience
- Experience developing mobile or web applications
- Experience with web engineering
- Experience collaborating with experts in product, design, and operations.
- Familiarity with functional programming languages
- Strong writing skills
- Proactive approach