Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support tens of thousands of owners across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business – all while having some fun along the way. Come join our fast-paced growth-stage culture, while enjoying the support of a well funded company – we’ve raised over $235M in investment capital from world-class investors like Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Allen & Company.
Why this role
Evolve is looking for a curious and humble Full Stack Software Engineer that can work closely with Design, Product, QA, and DevOps to build customer facing web products that provide great customer experience (CX) at scale.
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Engineer to work on both back-end and front-end web applications. You are an outstanding communicator and are able to collaborate with different internal groups and stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity to work with a purpose built Scrum team, dedicated to a single metric that will drive the team's vision and priorities on what problems they solve and what features they build.
What you’ll do
- Work on other backend programming languages, at least with PHP and Python
- Perform collaboration duties such as code reviews and technical documentation for peers
- Experience with at least another programming language (e.g. Python, PHP)
- Considerable experience with CSS, and especially with preprocessors (e.g. SASS)
- Expert Linux command line experience
- Expert knowledge of Git repository workflows using CLI
- Outstanding proven communication skills to interact with technology partners, and to provide consistent technical feedback with other developers
- Work directly with a Product Manager / Product Owner to clearly understand the problem being solved
- Deliver clean and efficient code to support and maintain the automation and scaling of our business using React/Redux, TypeScript, HTML, and CSS(Sass).
- Ensure Back-end and Front-End development best practices are leveraged in designing and delivering solutions
- Build and maintain a component library to be leveraged in other projects as we scale
- Drive code reviews and collaborate with other team members on JS coding standards and best practices, third-party integrations, and other Back-End and Front-End development processes
What makes you a great fit
- 3+ years building web applications with solid understanding of development lifecycle
- Balanced experience with frontend (e.g. React.JS, Redux) and backend (Node.JS, ExpressJS, PHP)
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Experience integrating with APIs
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) – Contentful, WordPress, or Drupal
- Comfortable working with DevOps teams to optimize CI/CD pipelines
- Experience participating and/or peer code reviews
- Comfortable working in Agile Scrum environment
- You have a knack for finding solutions to problems – and using a full arsenal of debugging tools
- You have built your own custom tools to help you automate tasks
- You never stop learning about web technology; never stopping at what you know, and always keeping up with the latest in all aspects of web development
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office, remotely or a hybrid of both!
For this role our salary range is $109,000 to $125,000 depending on relevant experience
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
- Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.