BeyondTrust is the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management and Vulnerability Management, offering the most seamless approach to preventing data breaches related to stolen credentials, misused privileges, and compromised remote access.
Learn more at www.beyondtrust.com.
What Will You Do?
As an Escalation Engineer in our Software Engineering department, you will collaborate with our Engineering and Technical Support teams. We are looking for a passionate and motivated Engineer who enjoys the challenge of solving tough problems in a dynamic environment. This individual thrives at problem solving, getting to the root cause within software or the environment in which it runs, and is motivated by doing what is right for our products and our customers.
In this role, you will:
- Work directly with the Engineering and Support departments to investigate, troubleshoot and triage complex, code-related technical issues, gather product feedback, implement code fixes and build patches.
- Attempt re-create customer reported defects with the help of QA Engineers
- Join calls with Support Engineers to help with advanced troubleshooting efforts
- Create and update knowledge base and frequently asked questions articles
- Create hotfixes across various product versions
- Continually maintain detailed tracking of work activities in the ticketing system.
- Maintain a Development environment
- Participate in developing new processes
What is Required?
- 2+ Years’ experience in software development
- Track record of developing high quality code in C# .NET (.NET core 3.1, .NET 5, or .NET 6)
- Experience working in a cross functional team to deliver software
- Able to communicate, collaborate and work in effectively in a distributed team
- Experience in Object Oriented Programming
- Knowledge of HTTP and REST services
- Knowledge of TLS and Certificates
- Familiarity with software build tools, issue tracking, Git and Visual Studio
- Experience writing multi-threaded code
- Great troubleshooting skills
What isn’t required but would be AWESOME?
- Familiarity with Azure AD, Azure, Linux, Kibana, Windows Services, Active Directory, SQL, and PostgreSQL
- Experience with Microservice Architecture
- Experience in developing security software
- Secure coding practices, and knowledge
- Experience in developing enterprise software
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
Who are you?
- You love to find problems in other people’s code, and fix them
- You have unwavering personal integrity and work ethic
- You are flexible! You are a team player and excel individually as the situation dictates.
- You don’t shy away from customer demands.
- You ask, “how we can, not why we can’t”.
- You are passionate, optimistic, and energetic.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and improvement and the desire to grow in your role and with the company!
- You always work for the best interest of the team.
- You are proactive; a tenacious self-starter to the core.
- You graciously give and receive feedback.
A Note on Covid-19
It’s paramount that you feel safe and secure throughout our hiring process and, if successful, as you onboard into the business. In response to the current Covid-19 pandemic, whilst the majority of our offices remain open, we are recommending that our employees work from home where possible. All of our interviews are taking place virtually over Microsoft Teams or Zoom and we are onboarding all-new global hires on a remote basis.
We understand that the world of work is evolving and we are a company that prides itself on our adaptability and ability to provide an inclusive and flexible environment that embraces all team members regardless of whether they are based in one of our offices or at home.
BeyondTrust is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer and an equal opportunity employer, offering a competitive salary with excellent benefits. We welcome all candidate applications who meet the minimum qualifications listed above.
What truly makes BeyondTrust special are the people – people who keep the culture strong and make working here exciting, rewarding, and ultimately fun!
Search @beyondtrust and #beyondtrustlife on Twitter and LinkedIn to find out more.