OLAPLEX, Inc. (Nasdaq: OLPX) is an innovative, science-enabled, technology-driven beauty company. We are founded on the principle of delivering effective, patent-protected and proven performance in the categories where we compete. We strive to empower our consumers to look as beautiful on the outside as they feel on the inside. We believe every person deserves to have healthy, beautiful hair, whether they are visiting a salon or caring for their hair at home.
OLAPLEX has been able to achieve phenomenal growth and we continuously seek exceptionally talented individuals who can support our innovation and creativity. We currently operate in a fully remote environment; because of this, collaboration and flexibility are at the core of our commitment to each other and to the success of OLAPLEX.
The Social Media Support Assistant will need to understand industry trends and find new ways to creatively engage with our followers. As our first line of communication, our ideal candidate will be responsible for providing answers through our direct messages, primarily through Instagram. You will work directly with the Social and PR teams to share eye-catching content as it comes in and share information in regards to Influencer Outreach.
Core responsibilities – about the role
- Engage in conversations wherever OLAPLEX is mentioned or where there is a comment on our brand social media pages.
- Ensure all comments, DMs, likes, and posts represent a well-executed, high-touch experience.
- Aligns activities with the content calendar priorities.
- Foster a vibrant community of followers through world-class community engagement, education,and relationships.
- Share findings and content/stylist collaboration suggestions with the team; actively building a relationship between OLAPLEX and the audience.
- Help the team drive engagement, and referrals, and help with copy and strategy.
- Assist in posting on all social platforms.
- Monitor the company’s social media accounts and offer constructive interaction with users.
- Work with the team to optimize social channels and stay informed on social media platforms, user trends, best practices, and new capabilities.
- Ability to understand and collect data for all social platforms.
- Help manage our own and operated accounts.
Qualifications – about you
- 1-2+ years experience in social media Ex: Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexibility to work throughout the week, including weekends.
- Access to phone and computer.
- Broad understanding of the social media landscape and best practices.
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Team oriented, works collaboratively with others to achieve team goals.
Our Total Rewards
- Work/Life Balance: Remote work environment, paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules.
- Wellness: Medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees in addition to short and long-term disability coverage and life insurance; dependent care flexible spending account company match
- Financial Well-being: Roth and 401k plans; 401k match of 50% up to the first 6%
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program: Career development is as important to us as we know it is to you!
- Culture: Our team has an “attitude of gratitude” and a shared passion for our brand. Join our culture committee and/or DE&I champion team to play a role in building and sustaining our “secret sauce.”
- Recognition: We celebrate our peers and colleagues with our monthly ‘Hero Recognition and Awards’ program. Make a difference as a ‘Bond Builder’ and/or ‘Commendable Creative!’
- Products: Fourteen (14) free products per year, plus a friends and family discount.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
At OLAPLEX, we support and stand up for our community with our talent, content, messages, and product offering. We strive to build and nurture a culture where a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion is instinctive. Our deep sense of passion and pride in what we do, both as individuals and as a company, unifies our shared commitment to 'do well and do good'. We recognize and celebrate different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds and know they create a stronger and more creative work environment.