Site Reliability Engineer
Branch is on a mission to help working Americans grow financially. We do this by helping companies accelerate payments and empower working Americans with accessible, fee-free financial services. We’re committed to building and delivering more inclusive and transparent financial products.
Come join our team as we develop new ways to improve the lives of working Americans. Our mission starts with empowering our own employees. Have a great idea? Share it today and it might just get implemented tomorrow. As a team member at Branch, your voice and creativity can directly impact the product and company. We not only attract great talent from across the country, but also build teams to help that talent to thrive. That means valuing a diversity of opinions and working styles, while creating a shared belief in innovation, initiative, and winning together.
As the Site Reliability Engineer, you will lead Branch’s effort to achieve greater reliability, scalability, capacity and observability of our platform through automation and tooling. You will also participate in and improve the software development and deployment life cycles as well as develop and implement technical best practices.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with Developers to produce high-performing and robust services through rigorous testing and release procedures.
- Design infrastructure, monitors, processes, and standards for systems and applications
- Support services through design, development, load testing, and launch phases
- Develop, measure, and monitor key performance and service level indicators including availability, latency, and overall system health
- Improve system performance, resilience, scalability, and efficiency through automation
- Participate in incident response and root cause analysis
- Remediate tasks and develop preventative and automated measures to meet SLAs/SLOs/SLIs.
- Manage monitoring services utilized by applications
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate engineering discipline or equivalent experience required
- 3+ years experience
- Experience with Terraform, Java, Gradle, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in scripting using Python and Bash
- Exposure to Spring Boot Framework, Google Pub/Sub, Redis, and MySQL
- Experience working on either AWS or GCP platforms
- Work from anywhere
- Branch-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible time off
- Paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
Working at Branch
Headquartered in Minneapolis but with employees located all throughout the US, Branch emphasizes transparency, accountability, and trust to create a collaborative environment where our product, engineering, marketing, customer support, customer success, and sales teams can all thrive together.
Our teamwork has enabled us to become an award-winning fintech company, with Branch’s innovation and workplace recognized across industries. Branch has been honored by the Webby Awards, Benzinga Fintech Awards, Fintech Breakthrough Awards, the Star Tribune’s Top Workplaces, and EY Entrepreneur of the Year, Heartland, among others.
Learn more about our culture, approach, technology, and people here: https://www.branchapp.com/about
Branch is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.