With millions using our tools globally, Screencast-O-Matic is a leading SaaS provider helping education and business learn and communicate more effectively using video Our software and services allow individuals, educators, and companies to create compelling and authentic solutions for learning, communications, and collaboration. Screencast-O-Matic is a privately held, profitable, and rapidly growing software company. Our team is virtual with headquarters located in Seattle, WA.
Senior Technical Writer
We’re currently looking for an exceptional Technical Writer to advance our mission to enable everyone, everywhere to easily capture, share and experience video content. If you love to create user-friendly written content such as knowledge base articles, support guides, tutorials, developer documentation, and more that have high value to your customers, partners, and internal users then Screencast-O-Matic may be the place for you.
We take pride in providing superior experiences and engaging our customers throughout the world. At Screencast-O-Matic, we strive to enable tools and services that are easy and fun to use, and our product team is critical to realizing that mission.
What you will do:
- Design, develop, and distribute informational materials working with product management, engineering, marketing, sales, and operations
- Research topics, interview subject matter experts, write, edit and proofread documents, including end-user onboarding guides, how-to guides, admin setup and maintenance guides, FAQs, and other customer support materials.
- Research and develop developer partner support documentation including our Application Programming Interface (API).
- Use photos, drawings, diagrams, animations, and charts that increase users’ understanding.
- Develop documentation in multiple formats including HTML, pdf, etc.
- Publish and continuously maintain documentation.
- Manage documentation planning including tracking project schedules through technical review, publication, and archiving..
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Excellent written English skills.
- 5+ years in a preparing and writing knowledge-based documents for end-users of software
- Writing expertise that delivers a high degree of quality documentation that pays attention to detail
- Ability to write for the intended audience. Simple, elegant, and easy to learn guides for end-users and technical documentation for developers.
- Ability to learn from experts, quickly grasp technical concepts, and develop content that is easily understandable in text, photos, and graphics.
- Knowledge of software programs to write text, create charts and graphs, and incorporate diagrams and photos into documents.
- Expert in the design and layout of documentation.
- Adept with Internet technologies
- Strong analytical skills.
Good to Have:
- Familiarity with SDLC and software development.
- Ability to gain a deep understanding of consumer needs.
- Familiar with localizing documents in various lanaguages.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects with changing priorities
- Knowledge of video and image creation tools.
- Collaborative and flexible team player.
- Fun with a sense of humor.