As a Senior Solutions Design Manager at Peloton, you will lead the OIT Solution Design team and be responsible for designing technical solutions to business problems, including service transitions to OIT Ops teams. You’ll build trusted, lasting relationships with a wide range of partners within Peloton. You'll serve as their technical solutions partner, leading your team to design efficient, intuitive solutions for business needs by leveraging OIT Tools, capabilities, and industry best practices.
Mission: Enable Peloton with secure access, robust tools, and fast, friendly solutions.
- Operationalize then Automate
- Meticulously fast resolution at first touch
- Team Love
- Learn and Grow
- Find the path to Yes
A successful candidate will have solid skills in IT Service Management, supervising operations support, and knowledge base documentation, and experience partnering with 3rd party service providers, both onshore and offshore. The ideal candidate will have a technical background in one or more of the following disciplines: Cloud Services, SaaS applications, SSO tools, Atlassian tools (Jira On-prem and Cloud), Monitoring tools (PagerDuty), Analytics tools, AWS, System Administration, Atlassian Administration, Virtualization, Scripting and Automation, and IT Operations. Leadership experience in diverse organizations with a global span will be useful.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Build, lead and mentor the technically savvy, collaborative Solutions Design team (independent high performers that include business analysts and solution designers) tasked with creating technical prototypes, blueprints, and processes that meet partner requirements, with a focus on improving employee experience, operational efficiency and industry best practices. Monitor and mentor performances of individual contributors (ICs) and help manage their professional development.
- Be the primary business solution architect in leading process and integration (re)engineering. Develop and own processes that reduce tech debt, duplicative work and redundant systems.
- Act as a business partner and liaison for Peloton's business units and operational service delivery. Develop artifacts, technical alternative documents, and architectural designs that meet business requirements. Lead requirements gathering sessions with partner and technical teams and translate business requirements to technical requirements. This will include documenting use cases, user profiles, and KPIs that demonstrate the value and success of the solutions.
- Establish metrics, KPIs, and targets to measure, monitor and report on services transitioned to IT Operations
- Establish tools, data, and governance for reporting timely performance metrics to serve as the single source of truth
- Define dashboards and reports to communicate and drive discussions at all levels of the organization
- Identify and implement process improvements for production operations and related operational reporting
- Establish, build and publish operational scorecards for transitioned services
- Planning operational road-maps to increase coverage, effectiveness and cost-efficiency over time
- Prepare and publish customer-centric operational health reports using context-appropriate metrics and KPIs
- Ensure that technical documentation, change logs, and other scalable resources are updated and maintained.
- Proactively introduce, acclimate and advocate for effective technical solutions based on feedback, observations, and data trends.
- Thought Leadership regarding the team member and tooling experience, OIT product features/functionality, and service implementation/management.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Education and/or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or related field
- 10+ years of IT experience with 3+ years of hands-on experience in one or more technical disciplines
- 5+ years of specific experience supporting Supply Chain business units, processes, and applications from a Service Delivery Manager perspective is required
- 5+ years of ITSM experience
- 3+ years leading a high-performance engineering and IT operations team
- Experience developing and delivering new IT services
- Maintain industry knowledge on trends and services
- Strong working knowledge of Agile (Scrum or Kanban) methodologies
- Key Behaviors:
- Leadership: At the Senior Solution Design Manager level. Action-oriented and organized self-starter with a good work ethic committed to excellence.
- Communication: Understand and express ideas/solutions in a comprehensive and practical format. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex technical and business concepts to technical and non-technical persons
- User Focus: Proven focus on the user experience and commitment to improving it over time. Demonstrated thought leadership in business process improvement, automation and optimizing for efficiency and team member experience.
- Collaboration: Teamwork with a positive approach to clearing ambiguity and data-based decision-making.
- Technical Knowledge: Broad and diverse technical knowledge with the ability to demonstrate technical and operational experience to rapidly identify process optimizations.
- Problem Solving: Ability to quickly identify, prioritize and collaborate to tackle complex issues.
- Communication: Demonstrable ability to align and partner with assigned business unit and ability to prepare and present operational state periodic and ad-hoc reporting. Demonstrated ability to gain trust quickly with business partners using a service driven mindset
- Conflict Resolution: Able to handle conflict in critical issues to drive mutually agreeable outcomes. Exemplary multitasking skills with a proven ability to prioritize effectively across a wide variety of tasks and evaluating situational urgency.
- Account Management: Demonstrable ability to understand the business needs and imperatives of the assigned business unit, tailor services to respond to those needs, and handle critical issues. In short, act as the advocate for an assigned business unit with IT.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: email@example.com
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.