As a Senior Engineer, you will be working on designing, architecting, and implementing highly scalable, distributed, and fault-tolerant backend systems. You will champion integrating observability, scalability, and reliability at every stage of the SDLC. You will work with the team to generate ideas on ways we can evolve our services to meet the needs of the business. You will be part of the Investigation team in our cybersecurity business unit and will be working on building both data processing pipelines and APIs/queries layer to search/aggregate large amounts of data.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Evaluate requirements, define technical specifications, review design and communicate to stakeholders.
- Participate in cross-team discussions on system design and architecture
- Participate in interviewing, onboarding, and mentoring junior engineers
- Write scalable systems to store/index large amounts of data and performant queries/aggregations on that data
- Participate in an on-call rotation to manage incidents and support the services you have developed
- Drive root cause identification and issue resolution with the various data infrastructure teams.
Who You Are:
- Coding fluency in Scala/Java and/or Python
- PostgreSQL or other SQL databases, as well as DynamoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Experience with Kafka and/or Elasticsearch preferred
- Competency with modern CI/CD tooling like Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible & Jenkins
- A desire to see features through from development to deployment in production environments
- Flexible and willing to step into new roles and responsibilities
- 4+ years of experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in an on-call rotation and using modern observability tools such as Sumo Logic, ELK, Splunk, DataDog, Grafana or similar tools is a must for this role.
What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps and ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor and optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data. At Sumo Logic, we are building a data platform designed to power the analytics and investigations that are common in the Security Operation Centers of large enterprises. It is designed to accept hundreds of billions of events from security-relevant data sources (detection products, network sensors, log shippers, inventory systems) per day. It is cloud-native, with no plan to support an on-premise deployment. It is multi-tenant, and is designed to simultaneously process events from thousands of our customers. And, it is security-focused — it is designed to perform the kinds of stateful analyses that security analysts demand. We are building this platform the way companies should — with ruthless prioritization, and with a live and demanding customer base. By joining as a Staff Software Engineer, you have the opportunity to make our vision a reality, one feature at a time.
- Competitive compensation + RSU's
- Unlimited PTO
- New MacBook Pro
- 100% remote or in office- your choice
- Employee stock purchase plan- ESPP
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Parental leave