Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,600 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies – Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the Platform Reports team.
Samsara offers a wide array of products that support the physical operations of companies across many different industries. These products collect and generate data on over 2 billion events annually which, through proper analysis and reporting, provide invaluable information to our customers. The Platform Reports team is responsible for developing Samsara’s foundational reporting systems that provide our customers with a consistent, delightful and user-friendly experience in understanding their data and the insights it provides.
As a Senior Engineer on the Platform Reports team, you will be a leader on the team who guides the design and implementation of complex features that enables our product engineering partner teams to register data in our systems and create baseline reports that can be further customized by our customers to meet their varying needs. You will also work with our product partners to understand the evolving needs of our customers and help us design iterative improvements and exciting new features.
In this role, you will:
- Design an extensible, highly-available reporting platform used by product teams to register data for use in configurable reports
- Implement backend features for a centralized platform that allows customers to create and customize impactful reports from data spanning multiple product lines
- Identify opportunities and develop strategies to influence further improvements and continued operational excellence of our reporting platform
- Work closely with engineering and product leadership to understand both the technical and functional requirements of complex software systems
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 4+ years of industry experience in software development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong programming/coding and design fundamentals
- Experience in building and deploying software to cloud providers such as AWS, GCP or Azure
An ideal candidate also has:
- Experience in developing, deploying and maintaining distributed, highly scalable software
- Demonstrated ability to help develop the technical mastery of our newer engineering team members
- A desire to solve complex problems and continuously improve our systems as new, exciting use cases present themselves
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.