Who we are:
Argo AI is a global self-driving products and services company on a mission to make the world’s streets and roadways safe, accessible, and useful for all. Our technology is built to enable commercial services for autonomous delivery and ridesharing in cities.
With experienced leaders in the field and collaborative partnerships with some of the world’s top consumer brands, we’re working block by block, city by city to empower people and businesses to be more successful. We’re individuals driven by strong values to solve complex problems together. Come join us to reimagine the human journey.
Meet the team:
The Labeling Tools group helps Argo autonomy and perception teams to define and build high-quality training datasets at scale for market-ready operations through efficient tools, trusted metrics, and reliable infrastructure. We work alongside our Operations group and hundreds of operators to build and improve our tools through continuous feedback, design, usability testing and performance analytics.
What you’ll do:
- Build interactive labeling tools using web-based languages and frameworks including TypeScript, React, and three.js
- Collaborate with Labeling team members to deliver novel solutions to visualize, annotate and manipulate 2D and 3D data coming from Lidar, cameras and other sensors
- Talk with customers to understand their needs, troubleshoot issues and plan for improvements.
- Invent new approaches and technologies for next generation labeling solutions
- Plan, implement, maintain and support software as an integral part of our development team using agile processes, testing frameworks, continuous integration and deployment
What you'll need to succeed:
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Robotics or a related field
- Solid fundamentals in software engineering and an interest in learning new things
- 3 years of experience in software development or similar role as part of a team
- Experience in modern front end web application software development
- Experience with React, Redux (or similar frameworks like Vue.js, Angular)
- Strong problem solving, analytical and object-oriented programming skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with REST and GraphQL APIs
- Experience with cloud platforms (AWS)
What we offer you:
- High-quality individual and family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive compensation packages
- Employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Employer-paid group term life insurance and the option to elect voluntary life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Complimentary daily lunches, beverages, and snacks
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Professional development reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Discounted programs that include legal services, identity theft protection, pet insurance, and more
- Company and team bonding outlets: employee resource groups, quarterly team activity stipend, and wellness initiatives
Argo AI was founded in 2016 by industry experts with extensive experience building robotic systems for commercial applications. Our once-small team has since grown into an over 1,700-person strong company with strategic partnerships with some of the world’s leading consumer brands. With global headquarters in Pittsburgh, we operate in eight cities across the U.S. and Germany in areas where self-driving technology can have the biggest impact on improving safety, traffic, and transportation equity.
At Argo AI, we believe that embracing differences delivers superior results. We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.