At Olo we develop an online food ordering platform used by many of the country’s largest restaurant chains, reaching millions of consumers. Chances are if you’ve ordered directly from a restaurant brand’s app or website, we’ve made that happen.
As part of the team you will play a significant and visible role in helping us scale one of the most advanced food ordering platforms in the market. You will design, develop, scale, and monitor solutions, improvements, and services across our ordering platform. While primarily focused on our front-end, contributions are encouraged throughout our stack.
We aim to deeply collaborate and communicate well. We encourage new ideas and experimentation. No part of the code base is off limits. We take pride in a neat codebase with automated tests and continuous integration, and encourage constant refactoring. You’ll work with a passionate team dedicated to delivering amazing products using modern tools and technologies.
You can work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or at Olo’s headquarters in NYC on the 82nd floor of One World Trade Center.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Building our next-generation front-end interfaces
- Designing reliable, but simple solutions to complex problems at scale
- Demonstrating broad knowledge of software engineering concepts
- Observing system performance in your domain and identifying emerging problems
- Quickly assessing and resolving production incidents that arise
- Researching and proposing new technologies to apply effectively
- Exhibiting good judgment, seeking out diverse perspectives, and challenging business and technical assumptions
- Providing constructive criticism in a way that builds the team’s bench strength
- Consistently delivering against commitments
- Creating accessible experiences (WCAG AA compliance)
How We Work
- Our tech stack is rooted in React, Ember, Sass and .NET (C#) running on AWS with modern software engineering tools such as GitHub, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, Raygun, Datadog, and Sumo Logic, as well as heavy use of OSS
- We foster a culture of collaboration, communication, accountability, skill-sharing, belonging, mutual respect, and curiosity
- We practice Whole Team Quality–no throwing code over the wall
- We use Agile/Scrum to manage our work
- We are outcome not output focused
- We write tests, and lots of them–a feature isn’t done until its testing has been automated